Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adobe ES4 Truststore certificate

Level 1

In Adobe ES4, truststore certficate is going to be expire on upcoiming January 8, 2023. Looks like it's a Adobe Root cert, I never updated any cert in Adobe ES4 since installation. How can I get a new Adobe Root CA? Will the new Adobe Root CA be valid for Adobe ES4.

I got this Adobe blog - https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/acrobat/kb/reader-extended-pdfs-and-adobe-root-ca-expiry.html , but I did not find the link for new cert to download and import in ES4.

Screenshot from ES4 admin console -
Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 12.04.24 AM.png

Thanks

Himanshu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks for your response @Pulkit_Jain_ 

We created support cases in Adobe Creative and Enterprise cloud, they asked to download the certificate from licensing portal and update in admin console.

We downloaded the certificate from licensing portal, but those are only valid till 8th January, 2023.

I will DM the details, can you please share the certificate.

Thanks

Himanshu

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Level 1

Adobe LiveCycle ES4 is no longer supported, I think. You'll probably have to contact Adobe for extended support. You might be able to open a support ticket through the regular support channel if you have AEM also. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful than this.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC 

Level 4

Open a support ticket or talk to your custom support manager to get it. Or you can go to Adobe sites to download the certificate from their public site if you are out of support and you can play this trick. But seems Adobe still would like to send you the certificate even LC4 is out of support.

Level 1

Adobe discontinued core technical support for Adobe LiveCycle on March 2018. We are still trying to connect them, if you have the link of the Adobe public website to download the certificate can you please share that(if possible).

Level 4

There's no public site to download the certificate.

You have to request from Adobe.

Level 1

@DavidZhang were you able to update the Livecycle ES4 certs successfully using Adobe's new root cert?  Just wondering if anyone's confirmed that this works.

Level 4

Yes. We applied the certificate, however, it will works without any impact or not, we will see next week.^_^

Level 4

Both LC and AEM are working fine on DEV so far. Will test next Tuesday to advance the time to Jan 9 on DEV to see if anything breaks after Jan 8.

Employee Advisor

@maityh 

As mentioned earlier, Adobe LiveCycle ES4 is no longer supported (and there is no extended support for this version).

You can DM the organization details (Name, company's DeploytoID), and we will share the latest RE certificate with you via LWS, if applicable.

Alternatively, for a quick turnaround, please raise a support ticket with these details.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks for your response @Pulkit_Jain_ 

We created support cases in Adobe Creative and Enterprise cloud, they asked to download the certificate from licensing portal and update in admin console.

We downloaded the certificate from licensing portal, but those are only valid till 8th January, 2023.

I will DM the details, can you please share the certificate.

Thanks

Himanshu

Level 2

This may sound really dumb, but how do I DM you or raise a support ticket for this? I've looked all over the place. I've got the same issue with Reader Extensions expired on Jan. 7, 2023

Level 2

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't have access to that. Do you know of any other way to get a certification?