Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adaptive forms limitations

Level 1

Hi,

I am in the process of learning how to build adaptive forms, and I am using AEM for the first time, thus I am very ignorant of what I can or cannot do with adaptive forms.  My question are as follows: if a user wants to download an adaptive form as a pdf and view it on Adobe Reader, can it be done? If so, what are the steps to achieve it? Assuming the form can be converted to pdf, can the pdf form be uploaded and converted to an adaptive form with any saved data?

I appreciate the advice,  and if you have any other suggestions that would benefit me in this learning process, please do so.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes there are a variety of ways to do this, you want to create a document of record which is defined when you create the form in the form model properties you can automatically create a document of record.  You can also add a form submission object on your form and it will give you a link to the document that the user can then download.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Adaptive forms are meant for online consumption.

See this online documentation for more information about these type of forms -- AEM 6.2 Forms Help | Adaptive Forms - Basic Authoring

If you want to learn how to submit form values to an AEM Service - see this document -

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Posting Adobe Experience Manager Form Data to Custom Services

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes there are a variety of ways to do this, you want to create a document of record which is defined when you create the form in the form model properties you can automatically create a document of record.  You can also add a form submission object on your form and it will give you a link to the document that the user can then download.