Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

URL of renditions

Level 2

Several thumbnail renditions of the original image will be created by the workflow. And once they're published, I can download any of those thumbnail images by adding "/jcr:content/renditions/<thumbnail_name>" to the end of the original file's path. 

Example: /content/dam/mysite/images/image_001.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.48.48.png

My question is, does the jcr part (the bolded part in the example), except for the file size and extension, always the same for thumbnails of any uploaded image files? Where can I find the rules for generating the thumbnail names?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@ColdBuffalo the naming convention of Image Renditions has always been like this since the cq5 days. Also, the JCR Repo convention of having jcr:content below a Node has been consistent across all the jcr versions that have been rolled out until the recent times. In my opinion, this structure is unlikely to change. However, you can enquire on the same over Apache JackRabbit public forum.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@ColdBuffalo the naming convention of Image Renditions has always been like this since the cq5 days. Also, the JCR Repo convention of having jcr:content below a Node has been consistent across all the jcr versions that have been rolled out until the recent times. In my opinion, this structure is unlikely to change. However, you can enquire on the same over Apache JackRabbit public forum.