Expand my Community achievements bar.

Uploading PDF in Assets does not show the filename "sample.pdf" but instead the metadata title.

Level 2

A user is using AEM 6.1 Touch UI. He uploaded a PDF in the Assets with filename "sample.pdf" is not able to see the file from the list of uploaded assets. But instead a new name "A_Sample_File" has appeared on the list.

The user thought there was an issue because he's not able to see the "sample.pdf" name on the asset list. However, the user was not aware that there's a metadata title on the pdf "A_Sample_File". And this metadata title was used as the label on the list after uploading the sample.pdf file.

How can I prevent the "DAM Update Asset" workflow to NOT use the metadata title to be displayed on the asset list?

I know that if a pdf has no metadata title or if it's empty, the DAM Update Asset workflow will fallback to use the filename as the title/label on the asset list. This is what the user wanted because what they want to see is what they get. And most of the users are non techy and has no tool to remove the metadata title manually.

And also, if the PDF is password-protected and has metadata title, this is not easy to remove even if you have a 3rd party software to remover metadata. 

(Please check out the attached screenshot for better understanding.)

7 Replies

Level 2

You can add additional column (by overlaying assets UI) which shows the name of the file.

You might come across one more issue in 6.1 if the title is big you cannot expand the column in list view it shows only partial name(this is fixed in 6.2)

Level 2

maruthid1@gmail.com wrote...

You can add additional column (by overlaying assets UI) which shows the name of the file.

You might come across one more issue in 6.1 if the title is big you cannot expand the column in list view it shows only partial name(this is fixed in 6.2)

Thank you for your reply. However, I don't want to add a new column. Users will get more confused.

I just would like to find a way to bypass the extraction/processing of the "metadata title" from the DAM Update Asset workflow. And the rest of the metadata should stay the same.

Community Advisor

May be you can write a launcher, where you can listen to any document upload and your workflow will remove the metadata title from back-end !!! .

Community Advisor

This is really not recommended , but a thought Modify the DAM Update Asset workflow .You can create a custom workflow with same steps as in DAM Update workflow, but the process step which extracts the name , you can modify as per your need. But let me tell you this is a risky business . Unless you think its really necessary I may not reccommend you this way since it may need thorough testing and if you dont implement the code properly, it will screw up .

Level 1

Hi , Is there detail way for this solution? I am also seeing this issue in my new aem 6.2 version. we used to use 5.6.1 and it shows the pdf name there. but in aem 6.2 it is showing the metadata tile name in the authoring dailog while hyperlinking

Administrator

Moving this question to AEM Assets topic.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

No Issues found the solution.

/libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/form/PathField.js    There we need to change the Boolean of showTitlesInTree to False so that it can take the node name. By default it will be true.

And also just FYI you shouldnt be changing that file under libs. you need to put it in /apps/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/form/PathField.js this structure.

and then edit that boolean from true to false.