Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Node Store Sizing Guide

Community Advisor

Hi All,

How do we calculate the size of node store space requirement when data store is configured in S3 bucket. We can size the data store based on the asset requirement but in this separate storage scenario how do we calculate and size node store alone separately.

Please suggest.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would assume you have checked this https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/managing/managing-further-reference/ha... 

Below assumption is both data/node stores in same place. i feel there is no direct answer to that question , it all depends on type of web applications running in AEM 

Disk Space/ Hard Drive

The disk space required depends heavily on both the volume and type of your web application. The calculations should take into account:

• the quantity and size of pages, assets and other repository-stored entities such as workflows, profiles etc.
  • the estimated frequency of content changes and therefore the creation of content versions
  • the volume of DAM asset renditions that will be generated. 
  • the overall growth of content over time

Disk space is continuously monitored during Online, and Offline, Revision Cleanup. Should the available disk space drop below a critical value, the process will be cancelled. The critical value is 25% of the current disk footprint of the repository and it is not configurable. It is recommended to size the disk at least two or three times larger than the repository size including the estimated growth.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would assume you have checked this https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/managing/managing-further-reference/ha... 

Below assumption is both data/node stores in same place. i feel there is no direct answer to that question , it all depends on type of web applications running in AEM 

Disk Space/ Hard Drive

The disk space required depends heavily on both the volume and type of your web application. The calculations should take into account:

• the quantity and size of pages, assets and other repository-stored entities such as workflows, profiles etc.
  • the estimated frequency of content changes and therefore the creation of content versions
  • the volume of DAM asset renditions that will be generated. 
  • the overall growth of content over time

Disk space is continuously monitored during Online, and Offline, Revision Cleanup. Should the available disk space drop below a critical value, the process will be cancelled. The critical value is 25% of the current disk footprint of the repository and it is not configurable. It is recommended to size the disk at least two or three times larger than the repository size including the estimated growth.