Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Is watermarking reversible in AEM Assets?

Level 1

Hi Experts,

I understand there's an OOTB workflow step in AEM Assets where a workflow can be configured to add a watermark to the asset in subject. However, I'm trying to investigate if there's a way to customize and remove the same watermark at a later step. Use case could be - A watermark is added to an asset while ingestion & the same is removed once it is approved by the reviewer at a later step of workflow. This is to quickly identify and eliminate the use of unapproved assets. I understand there are better ways to handle this, but that's just an example.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

The out of the box "Add Watermark" step appears to write directly on the original asset. Provided the asset is not edited during the approval process, you could create a version that gets watermarked then restore the clean version after it's approved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 8

you should annotate the asset instead of watermarking it while going through a workflow.

Level 1

Thanks for your comment, Hemant. Sure, I'll try your suggestion around annotations use. However, do you mean the watermarking is irreversible in AEM Assets ?

Correct answer by
Level 1

The out of the box "Add Watermark" step appears to write directly on the original asset. Provided the asset is not edited during the approval process, you could create a version that gets watermarked then restore the clean version after it's approved.