Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there an archiving feature in AEM Assets?

Level 3

Hi,

We purchased AEM Assets last year and have begun uploading assets, but we are wondering if there is an AEM Assets archiving capability? If so, what documentation have you found that outlines this capability? If not, how do you archive assets in AEM Assets? Do you delete them, add them to a folder named "Archive," etc.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Erika_Antkowiak There is no OOTB way to archive assets. However, it could be achieved by a custom workflow. 

The idea is to identify the archival criteria of the AEM assets and then move these assets to a Archival Asset folder.
From Archival folder it could be pushed to external storage eg. AWS Cloud Storage etc using AWS Upload APIs.

I hope that answers your questions

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Erika_Antkowiak There is no OOTB way to archive assets. However, it could be achieved by a custom workflow. 

The idea is to identify the archival criteria of the AEM assets and then move these assets to a Archival Asset folder.
From Archival folder it could be pushed to external storage eg. AWS Cloud Storage etc using AWS Upload APIs.

I hope that answers your questions