Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there an API For Asset Essentials like there is for AEM 6.5 and AEMaaCS?

Level 1

We are wanting to search the content of Asset Essentials via API like we can for AEM 6.5 and AEMaaCS - is this possible?

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @mandebooks 

Please note Experience Manager Assets Essentials is a lightweight edition of Adobe Experience Manager Assets Cloud Service. Assets Essentials provides unified asset management and collaboration with a simplified, modern user interface. The easy-to-use solution enables more creative and marketing teams to store, discover, and distribute digital assets.
For any sort of customizations, customer needs to switch towards Advanced versions of the Product i.e On Prem, AMS or AEMaaCS.
Please see below link for more information:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-assets-essentials/help/introduction.html?....

Level 1

Yes, you are correct in what Assets Essentials is, but you neglegted to actually answer my question about if there is an API. So let me rephrase:

Is there an API we can use to access the Assets stored in Asset Essentials from an external application. 

I am asking bc we are developing and application for this that works with AEM 6.5 or AEMaaCS, and we wanted to offer the same functionality to users that have Asset Essentials. 

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

Thanks for elaborating on the usecase. 

At this point in time, there is no such APIs supported for Assets Essentials. 

However, there are many customers with such API requirements, and could prove to be a Product feature in future. 

We can raise it as a Product feature in the appropriate forums, so that we can be notified if there is any progress on this subject.

Hope the answer helps.