Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Implementing a Folder Metadata Schema with a Dropdown Field

Level 3

Hi all,

I am attempting to add a dropdown field in a folder metadata schema .The goal is to include a dropdown field that is visible only in the folder properties, but not with the assets contained within. Despite this, the value selected from the dropdown in the folders should be applicable to the internal assets in the crx node. If any one knows the way to inherit the value of the folder metadata schema to the assets, kindly let me know. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Bhavani Bharanidharan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I don't think there's a native way to inherit metadata from the folder into the assets. You would either have to build a custom process to sync this data down to the assets or read from the folder each time instead of the assets when using this information.

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I don't think there's a native way to inherit metadata from the folder into the assets. You would either have to build a custom process to sync this data down to the assets or read from the folder each time instead of the assets when using this information.

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante