Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to override AEM default favicon icon and page title in AEM 6.4 ?

Level 1

1671062_pastedImage_0.png

4 Replies

Level 1

Thanks for the response smacdonald2008​ but the article explains creating a favicon icon and title for the custom web pages.

My requirement is to override the AEM's OOTB/default favicon icon and page title for all the AEM DAM pages as part of branding requirement from the customer.

1. For all pages except the login page the favicon icon is coming from "libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/page/favicon/favicon.jsp" component. I tried overlaying it as described here but in AEM 6.4 the components, foundation, page, and favicon folder are classified as "jcr:mixinType" as "granite:finalArea" and  as per AEM 6.4 docs "Nodes classified as final cannot be overlaid or inherited. Final nodes can be used directly via sling:resourceType. Subnodes under final node are considered internal by default". I am not able to figure out how to override/use this.
  2. The title for all the pages are getting dynamically fetched according to the context of the page i.e  "Environment | Context based Page Title" I am not able to figure out how these are getting fetched and how to override them. Atleast, if in any way I could remove/replace the word "AEM"(if present) in the title with customer Name that would be help.

Level 10

I am not sure we hvae any example of that specific use case - i will look.

Level 4

I was looking at how to add a favicon for a site and saw this thread.  Sounds like the approach is different now to the one linked above: with AEM core components, using the page component and editable templates, we can now specify a client library (provided we have set "allowProxy=true") as the location for things like favicons.  The page component will then look for image files with specified names - see head.html