Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to find all duplicate assets in AEM dam?

Level 2

Hi,

I need to find all the duplicated assets in DAM.

I followed https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/author/assets/managing-assets-touch-ui/duplicate-detection.ht...

This document is not helping me in searching for all duplicate values. Also, it doesn't tell that i am uploading a duplicate asset. It just pops-up a window asking for replacing or create new version for that asset.

My priority is to get list of all duplicated DAM assets. Please advise

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

This is done by checking SHA 1 checksum value. 

//If the asset you upload already exists in AEM Assets, the Duplicates Detected dialog warns you that you are attempting to upload a duplicate asset. The dialog appears only if the SHA 1 checksum value of the binary of the existing asset matches that of the asset you upload. In this case, the names of assets is immaterial. In other words, the dialog can even appear for assets that have different names if the SHA 1 values for their binaries are the same. With each asset uploaded you will see SHA 1 JCR node created.

So in you use-case you need to write a custom service to do the needful.

Where to find SHA1 number in Image Assets -> jcr:content ->metadata -> dam:sha1  (/content/dam/geometrixx-outdoors/banners/best-season.jpg/jcr:content/metadata)

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

I tried uploading an image asset in Touch UI and it seems Duplicate-Detection working there. I got a pop-up window telling me that duplicates values are present.

Could you please tell me how can i generate a report (or a list ) to get all duplicate assets in one go?

Thanks in advance

Level 10

When you refer to duplicate asserts, what do you mean? Same asset name for example? If you have two assets in two locations named car. png, would this be duplcate fot your requirement? Or are you somehow wanting AEM to tell you if two assets have same data stream?

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

This is done by checking SHA 1 checksum value. 

//If the asset you upload already exists in AEM Assets, the Duplicates Detected dialog warns you that you are attempting to upload a duplicate asset. The dialog appears only if the SHA 1 checksum value of the binary of the existing asset matches that of the asset you upload. In this case, the names of assets is immaterial. In other words, the dialog can even appear for assets that have different names if the SHA 1 values for their binaries are the same. With each asset uploaded you will see SHA 1 JCR node created.

So in you use-case you need to write a custom service to do the needful.

Where to find SHA1 number in Image Assets -> jcr:content ->metadata -> dam:sha1  (/content/dam/geometrixx-outdoors/banners/best-season.jpg/jcr:content/metadata)

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

We have already uploaded the images into the DAM. Is there any way to identify the assets that are duplicated (Same Asset with different names) ?

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

DAM SHA1 value is coming differently for a same image with a different name. Is there any way to calculate SHA of an asset  and then compare it with other assets?

Level 10

You would have to write your own logic for this requirement - this is not an OOTB feature. 

Administrator

TARUN SINGH wrote...

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

DAM SHA1 value is coming differently for a same image with a different name. Is there any way to calculate SHA of an asset  and then compare it with other assets?

Hi,

I just check this on AEM 6.2, for same images with different names, i am getting same SHA1. 

Can you please share the image, your AEM version with service pack and steps to reproduce this ?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

I am using AEM 6.1 SP2
I am attaching screenshots for metadata vaule for 3 assets which is actually same image with different names.

Level 2

I am using AEM 6.1 SP2
I am attaching screenshots for metadata vaule for 3 assets which is actually same image with different names.

Administrator

TARUN SINGH wrote...

I am using AEM 6.1 SP2

From the 1.png, I could see that all the three image have different sizes. So image would not be considered as same.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

TARUN SINGH wrote...

I am using AEM 6.1 SP2

From the 1.png, I could see that all the three image have different sizes. So image would not be considered as same.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Hi,

You can write a query to search for the same node name under dam path to check if there are same name images present in different folders.

Regards,

Ashwin Raju

Administrator

Hi 

Moving this thread to AEM "Asstes" topic so to have better contextual experts have a look at this.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Hi,

Is there any way to know the total size of all assets in DAM?

Thanks

Narsi.