Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to apply tag to multiple assets in one go

Level 8

Hi All,

I have 10000 plus assets under "/content/dam/xxx", I want to apply a tag to all these assets.

Can anyone tell me the procedure?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 , 
1. Write a query to fetch the desired assets. Example:

select * from [dam:Asset] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/content/dam/xxx') 

2. If you don't have any services implemented to get all asset paths in CSV try to utilize ACS AEM Commons Report Builder
and use the above query to fetch asset paths. Execute and Download the Report.
3. Now you may utilize the downloaded CSV in Metadata Import Tool, by providing appropriate headers and correct values in the tag property.

Alternatively, you can create a Job that uses keyset paginated queries to iterate over search results and apply tags to asset and commit in batches.

Resources:
Metadata Import Tool: Using Metadata Import and Export in AEM Assets | Adobe Experience Manager
Key Set Pagination: https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query/query-engine.html#keyset-pagination 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

You can use metadata profile add that as a default tag and apply to your folder.

Alternatively , export metadata excel of cq:tag , and your tag in excel for all rows and import it back.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 , 
1. Write a query to fetch the desired assets. Example:

select * from [dam:Asset] as a where isdescendantnode(a, '/content/dam/xxx') 

2. If you don't have any services implemented to get all asset paths in CSV try to utilize ACS AEM Commons Report Builder
and use the above query to fetch asset paths. Execute and Download the Report.
3. Now you may utilize the downloaded CSV in Metadata Import Tool, by providing appropriate headers and correct values in the tag property.

Alternatively, you can create a Job that uses keyset paginated queries to iterate over search results and apply tags to asset and commit in batches.

Resources:
Metadata Import Tool: Using Metadata Import and Export in AEM Assets | Adobe Experience Manager
Key Set Pagination: https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query/query-engine.html#keyset-pagination