Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How should DAMs be set in order to be easily scaled for global & translated websites

Level 1

Hello! I was curious how other customers (with global translated sites) have set up their DAM structures in order to best leverage the platform features, including translations of assets?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

See this Ask the AEM Community Experts session on this very subject -- Scott's Digital Community: Ask the AEM Community Expert Session: Best Practices for Experience Manag...

There is also a GEMs session too - The Digital Asset Explosion & AEM Assets

Also see this related doc -- Multilingual Assets

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

See this Ask the AEM Community Experts session on this very subject -- Scott's Digital Community: Ask the AEM Community Expert Session: Best Practices for Experience Manag...

There is also a GEMs session too - The Digital Asset Explosion & AEM Assets

Also see this related doc -- Multilingual Assets

Level 1

thank you! I may have a lot more questions for you 

Level 10

We are here to get them addressed! This content will help you a lot. The 2 webinars are very useful.

Level 1

Hello again - I'm about 20 minutes into the video for Best Practices for AEM and Assets and it's very development focused (and for 6.2). The common pitfalls part was helpful, however I'm concerned there isn't going to be recommendations on how to set up the Assets folder structure in order to best utilize translated language assets, content fragments and experience fragments. Is this still the correct video to watch?

smacdonald2008

Level 10

We asked the host of that webinar to look here.

Employee

You might want to review this https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/assets/using/best-practices-for-translating-assets-ef... i don`t think there are any best practices around CF or EF but specific questions would help. Again you can use above as guideline for them as well. Thanks