Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Having access to AEM Asset Selector Local Testing without Cloud Services subscription

Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know if I need to have a Cloud Services subscription in order to be able to test AEM Asset Selectors (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/manage/as...)

in local environment. 

I'm asking for this because our clients have already the AEM Cloud Services subscription but we wanted to test the solution, if possible without having the subscription, so they can use it with their Adobe IDs.

I think the outcome would be that we would have access to an imsClientId in order to be able to test the solution and ship it so our clients can use it with their credentials.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @JanaMi1 

If you are asking whether you can test or use the 'Asset Selector' without IMS, the answer is NO. IMS is the authentication method for your AEM instance. That's why the 'Asset Selector' is a service that must be enabled on your IMS account. Only then can you obtain the required parameters to initialize the Asset Selector. I believe this note is what you are looking for:

EstebanBustamante_0-1718195855383.png

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

The asset selector connects with your AEMaaCS instance through IMS (Adobe Identity Management System). So, you need to establish the connection between your application (asset selector) and IMS. Therefore, what you need are the credentials from IMS. If your client can set up this configuration and share this information with you, you should be good to go for local development.

EstebanBustamante_0-1718114365737.png

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Level 1

Hi, thank you for your answer!

We cannot use our clients' credentials. The tool would be used on our platform as you would use the Google Drive extension to access your assets (after you log in). Each client needs to log it themselves. Are those 4 fields available in some AEM Cloud settings for each Adobe client? It would be logical to retrieve that data in a callback following the login pop-up, as those seem quite specific.

However, from what I understand, the IMS properties need to be present for initializing the component before the actual login pop-up can be invoked. Is that correct?

I struggle to understand, if those IMS properties are credentials to access specific Adobe Cloud account, or to establish secure connection between the application using Asset Selector and the Adobe.

We don't have Enterprise account to check AEM settings, that's why we're trying to learn all of the information from the documentation and reaching out to support. Support informed us that there should be an option to access a development testing environment without the need to purchase an Enterprise plan, but I couldn't find any mention of it.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @JanaMi1 

If you are asking whether you can test or use the 'Asset Selector' without IMS, the answer is NO. IMS is the authentication method for your AEM instance. That's why the 'Asset Selector' is a service that must be enabled on your IMS account. Only then can you obtain the required parameters to initialize the Asset Selector. I believe this note is what you are looking for:

EstebanBustamante_0-1718195855383.png

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Administrator

@FranciscoPe1 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni