Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using Live-Copy rollout for Assets (.indd/.pdf) does not work as I think it should - am I wrong?

Community Advisor

Hello dear Community!
Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

As my company wants to up it's game with AEM Assets for it's print media production workflows, I kinda tripped over a wire that i did not expect there.

You see, the regular workflow was that an Editor downloaded the necessary files, updated the content, sent it to a print shop, then after release day, the file was uploaded as a new version on the old file.

And I was like, "Hey wait a moment... isn't there a better way to do that?
Why don't we use the AEM here? Creating a live copy of the cataloge, moving the master in that editors private folder, let him check out and edit the master, then when finished (which can be months ahead of the release date) rollout the master file as the new version of the live copy?"
I mean the editor would be able to use the check-in/check-out function to update the master - and the most current version would be available for ever other editor as well, just in case. Good stuff. Checking in and out would also give an instant feedback when an asset got expired... So many good reasons wo to work that way...
- BUT the rollout does not what it says it does...
The standard OOTB rollout configuration may contain a "manage publication - choose a date" option, but the live copy file gets updated instantly.
Am I in the wrong here? Does this feature only works for sites? Is this a bug or a feature? Where to start looking for a fix? Does anybody here is using AEMaaCS for its print media production workflows? Successfully?!
Beside the point- May I interest anybody here into having a conversation about this topic, since I run into one challenge after the other with this.
(I created also a support ticket with adobe, and will update you in case I get this solved.)

PS: Dear Adobe, in case you listen.
I really really would like to provide you with the next big "business success story"... 
But so far, I can only provide the "all the challenges with print media production" story... which, with the right mindest, will be interesting/useful.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies