Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Folder Permission Groups

Level 3

Hi Community!

As you know, AEM provides 3 OOTB roles: editor, owner and viewer. Our need is to have custom user roles defined in roles selector in folder properties dialog (Permissions tab), say Creator role.

I was thinking about setting a custom implementation over ootb ones, however, the roles list isn't feasible to extend due to com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core bundle privacy where all the definitions lie. (com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.team.DefaultRoleProvider as an example).

So, having all that, what would you suggest?

Thank you

Sergei

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for specifiying this. I don't think that this is extensible, but I understand the need for it. You should probably file a feature request using Daycare support system, and ask for a way how this can be extended.

Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Sergei,

can you please elaborate which aspect of AEM you are referring to? You are mentioning the cq-dam-core bundle, so I assume it has something to do with DAM.

Level 3

Hi Jörg,

thank you for the reply.

Yes, indeed, the issue we're experiencing is related to DAM folders.

Link to a spec: Private folder sharing

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for specifiying this. I don't think that this is extensible, but I understand the need for it. You should probably file a feature request using Daycare support system, and ask for a way how this can be extended.

Jörg