Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic Media component is not rendering .eps images - AEM 6.1

Level 1

Hi , 

My requirement is to add Encapsulated Post Script( .EPS ) images of MIMETYPE - "application/postscript" to Dynamic Media component (/libs/dam/components/scene7/dynamicmedia). But I couldn't succeed. So , here is what i am not sure. Is Dynamic Media component doesn't support .eps image files ? If yes do we have any hotfix or service pack or workaround to accomplish? Please provide your inputs.

Below are my observations and findings :- 

1. Firstly, Dynamic Media component is not allowing .eps images to drag & drop. After adding property  "accept = application/postscript" to the component, I am able to drag and drop images of these mimetypes but not succeded to render the image.

2. After exploring the DAM Asset workflow and its implementation, I came to know that during Asset upload, "S7damExtractImageInfoProcess" is the class which extract the images of only type "UPLOAD_MIMETYPES = { "image/" };". But the mimetype of my images are "application/postscript" and hence, generating Scene7 properties and rendering image is failing.

* I don't see any clue from my local logs and the AEM documentations.  Any kind of information share would be helpful !

Thanks In Advance,

Ravi  Prasanth.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Ravi,

I think conversion of vector to raster is the only option in this scenario.You can use Adobe Illustrator or any other tool for the conversion. 

Best Regards,
Abhishek

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Ravi,

Support for EPS files applies to raster images only. Are you using raster images ? Refer [0]

Best Regards,

Abhishek Dwevedi

[0]https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/content/assets/assets-formats.html#Supported%20Inp...

Level 1

Abhishek Dwevedi wrote...

Hi Ravi,

Support for EPS files applies to raster images only. Are you using raster images ? Refer [0]

Best Regards,

Abhishek Dwevedi

[0]https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/content/assets/assets-formats.html#Supported%20Inp...

Hi Abhishek, 

Thanks for your reply . Sorry ,I couldn't respond to your reply immediately due to other priorities.

I have no option to upload raster .eps image files in my project.I can use only vector .eps images.So i am wondering if there are any hotfixes or a way to tweak the implementation to acheive this.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Ravi,

I think conversion of vector to raster is the only option in this scenario.You can use Adobe Illustrator or any other tool for the conversion. 

Best Regards,
Abhishek