Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Duplicate folder recursively?

Level 1

When using Adobe Assets, Our Creative teams prefer to use a nested folder structure for each project. Looking for guidance on setting up a folder containing child folders as a project folder template.

This is currently being done by a series of steps:

• Copy the new master project folder template (containing multiple empty child folders)

• Paste the copied master folder template

• Move and rename the copied master folder template so it becomes the new project

Users complain this is too many steps and it's easy to lose the master project template folder by forgetting to copy/paste before moving/renaming.

I would like to reduce the steps, ideally, providing a form to complete the new project folder name so that the copy/paste/move actions are done in the background.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@FlipONeil If you want to really automate and save on number of steps, there needs to be a customization. Where in you will have to add a quick action button, say "Create via Master". On click of the this button, a pop up/widget should open up and user should be able to enter destination path and new Folder name. At the submit of this widget, Copy/Paste/Rename actions should be taken care by the back end calls.

Please note, there is no OOTB feature to automate this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@FlipONeil If you want to really automate and save on number of steps, there needs to be a customization. Where in you will have to add a quick action button, say "Create via Master". On click of the this button, a pop up/widget should open up and user should be able to enter destination path and new Folder name. At the submit of this widget, Copy/Paste/Rename actions should be taken care by the back end calls.

Please note, there is no OOTB feature to automate this.

Level 1

Thank You for confirming Krati, I could not locate any OOTB workflow for this procedure and have assigned the task to our developer.