Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

New Assets UI (Cloud Service Assets View)

Employee

Is there a documentation around the limitations of New assets UI (Cloud Service) compared to the old one. Any documentation or key pointers around this would help. Customer team is looking to move to the Asset View ( New UI ) and are looking for limitations in the New UI.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks everyone for responding.
Sharing my findings on this below, in case anyone else is interested: 

As per the current scenario, the New Assets UI ( Assets View) is not intended to replace the Admin View(Standard Touch UI Assets), as it supports only the below use cases. 

Use cases supported by Assets View.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/assets-view/...

For any admin related tasks we would still need to use the Admin view ( Standard Touch UI Assets ) and same goes with any use case not listed in the above documentation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Administrator

@Himanshu_Phulara I am unaware of this, Related resources that may be helpful:

Request you to create this in the Ideas tab, I'll share this with the Documentation team PM.

Kautuk Sahni

Employee

Some limitations are listed below:

New asset Ui search filter form is not customisable yet . Use default search filters only , can't add custom metadata filters.

-Default landing page is not configurable yet (may be in roadmap)

-configuration (Branding/text changes) of search page(text/ui) is not possible tet

- user permissions and groups need to be managed separately.It won't respect aem standard author ACL

-search is little different than regular aem search , GQL search , operator search not supported.

-metadata schema needs to be managed seperatly for new ui, can't be managed like standard author.

- does not support code deployment

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thanks everyone for responding.
Sharing my findings on this below, in case anyone else is interested: 

As per the current scenario, the New Assets UI ( Assets View) is not intended to replace the Admin View(Standard Touch UI Assets), as it supports only the below use cases. 

Use cases supported by Assets View.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/assets-view/...

For any admin related tasks we would still need to use the Admin view ( Standard Touch UI Assets ) and same goes with any use case not listed in the above documentation.