Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

dc:format (file type) property not getting created for certain type of assets in aem as a cloud

Level 3

While uploading assets in aem as a cloud," dc: forma" t property is not getting created for certain type of assets (like .sketch, .oft. .ase, .plist). I have set the value of 

"cq.dam.detect.asset.mime.from.content" to true in osgi configurations and it's pulling the file type on my local AEM as a cloud SDK but not on cloud. Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ReddyIshanvi 

AEM Assets typically determines the MIME type of the assets you upload based on their file extension.
When you upload assets using Apache Tika, Assets determines their MIME type from the content stream rather than the file extension.
I'm guessing you enable Day CQ DAM Mime Type service for the same reason you use Apache Tika to extract file extensions.

If the file extension you're seeking for is not listed in the below list of supported file types for the aem cloud service, check with Adobe about other possible solutions.

Supported file formats and MIME types | Adobe Experience Manager

Do you have Scene7 configuration enabled ?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ReddyIshanvi 

AEM Assets typically determines the MIME type of the assets you upload based on their file extension.
When you upload assets using Apache Tika, Assets determines their MIME type from the content stream rather than the file extension.
I'm guessing you enable Day CQ DAM Mime Type service for the same reason you use Apache Tika to extract file extensions.

If the file extension you're seeking for is not listed in the below list of supported file types for the aem cloud service, check with Adobe about other possible solutions.

Supported file formats and MIME types | Adobe Experience Manager

Do you have Scene7 configuration enabled ?