Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

DAM upload asset overrides the dc:title

Level 4

Hi Team,

We have encountered the issue several times with different file formats i.e. .pdf , .ppt , .xls etc. 

Problem:

Whenever the document gets uploaded in DAM and if that document contains the title in its property then the title in the metadata takes that value

1. If suppose I updated the title after uploading the document in DAM and save.

2. After 4-5 days I have to upload the new version of the same document in DAM with the title which was previously present.

3. Now here comes the problem where the title present in metadata get over riden by the new version uploaded.

I need some help to avoid such problems and wanted to know if any condition can be applied on DAM Update Metadata workflow.

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

dc:title is part of metadata standard Dublin Core, external to AEM, so you could make sure that this is updated prior to the file being uploaded.

Assuming that is not possible/not practical you'd have to look at customising the dam update asset workflow, but I ma not sure where exactly this is being set

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

dc:title is part of metadata standard Dublin Core, external to AEM, so you could make sure that this is updated prior to the file being uploaded.

Assuming that is not possible/not practical you'd have to look at customising the dam update asset workflow, but I ma not sure where exactly this is being set

Level 1

@_SumitSinghal @shubhamg4205670 @cnur24357457 @Suraj_Kamdi 

Did you solve this issue? If yes, can you please share the solution.