Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

DAM Temporary Folder -Pros and Cons

Level 2

Hi all,

I'm at the beginning stages of creating the organizational structure for my company's DAM. We use a connector to push assets from Workfront to AEM Assets. I'm considering creating a holding folder in the DAM, where assets that are uploaded from Workfront will be temporarily housed. While assets are in this holding folder, I plan to perform a brief audit of metadata and add asset-specific tags. I then plan to move those assets from the holding folder into a permanent folder in the DAM. 

Have any of you created a DAM with this structure? If so, what have been the pros and cons you've experienced with this structure?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MorganMeik  for your request, I can think of the below points:

Pros:

1. Restricted access to temp folder containing in-progress assets. So only expert authors can work here until final asset stage.

2. If an external agency is hired, they can work only in this folder, and none other. Privacy and security is managed well.

3. This folder will be beneficial for running review workflows in following way: 

•     You can upload draft assets here> once ready they can be moved to a final folder> by using approval workflows.  

Cons:

1. If only limited expert users are working on asset upload and metadata activities, they won't need a temp folder.

2. The approval workflows are time consuming as there are dependencies on reviewers/publishers/bulk assets, to complete the asset lifecycle.

3. If internal users will be working here, they need to move assets later to a different folder - again time consuming activity.

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MorganMeik  for your request, I can think of the below points:

Pros:

1. Restricted access to temp folder containing in-progress assets. So only expert authors can work here until final asset stage.

2. If an external agency is hired, they can work only in this folder, and none other. Privacy and security is managed well.

3. This folder will be beneficial for running review workflows in following way: 

•     You can upload draft assets here> once ready they can be moved to a final folder> by using approval workflows.  

Cons:

1. If only limited expert users are working on asset upload and metadata activities, they won't need a temp folder.

2. The approval workflows are time consuming as there are dependencies on reviewers/publishers/bulk assets, to complete the asset lifecycle.

3. If internal users will be working here, they need to move assets later to a different folder - again time consuming activity.

Hope this helps.