Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dam renditions for eps files

Level 3

Hi team, I am not able to generate renditions for eps files

The mime type of original is "application/postscript"

In error.log it shows : cannot get original image for creating renditions , stream Not found.

Can anyone tell me how to generate renditions for eps files

Thanks

6 Replies

Level 10

Renditions are created for images - like GIF - not PostScipt files.

Level 10

WHy would you even want different image sizes for a binary non-image file?

Level 3

Actually few of EPs files were part of migrated assets , those assets have renditions.

So when i try to upload new eps files ..renditions are not created.. I'm not sure how renditions got created for those migrated assets..now our requirement is like ..same renditions should be created for newly uploaded EPs files...what can I do to create renditions for those eps files

Administrator

Please have a look at this:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-3/administer/content/dynamic-media/image-presets.html#Adobe Illustrator (AI), Postscript (EPS), and PDF file formats

// In the DAM Update Asset workflow, the EPS thumbnails step generates thumbnails for EPS files.

//To use Dynamic Media to preview and generate dynamic renditions for AI, EPS or PDF files, the following processing steps are required:

• In the DAM Update Asset workflow, the Rasterize PDF/AI Image Preview Rendition process component rasterizes the first page of the original asset--using the configured resolution--into a cqdam.preview.png rendition.
  • The cqdam.preview.png rendition is then optimized into a PTIFF by the Dynamic Media Process Image Assets process component within the workflow.

You access Rasterize PDF/AI Image Preview Rendition process component options by way of the DAM Update Asset workflow.

Also, for any non-OOTB supported Asset MIME, we need to implement https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-3/develop/ref/javadoc/com/day/cq/dam/api/handler/AssetHandler.h...

Read documentation this will certainly help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Employee

Use newly introduced library for this purpose as it processes application/postscript format also - Using PDF Rasterizer in AEM . This is available on 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3.

Alternatively Imagemagick is tool which you can configure which processes EPS files the doc of which can be found under this section - Assets Supported Formats

Thanks,

Gaurav

Level 1

Hi,

I followed the steps mentioned in Using PDF Rasterizer and see the following error in my instance:

*ERROR* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/server0/2018-03-25/update_asset_769:/content/dam/xxx1111.ps/jcr:content/renditions/original] com.day.cq.dam.pdfrasterizer.process.PdfRasterizerHandlingProcess execute: failed to execute command [launchpad/felix/bundle479/data/binaries/PDFRasterizer -d -p 1 -s 1024 -t PNG -i temp/cqdam206339072032650445.tmp/asset_a7de1f5e2aad4aea8c142de44ba83166] for asset [/content/dam/xxx1111.ps]:

org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 7(Exit value: 7)

at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal(DefaultExecutor.java:346)

at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:149)

at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:136)

at com.day.cq.dam.pdfrasterizer.process.PdfRasterizerHandlingProcess.execute(PdfRasterizerHandlingProcess.java:230)

at com.day.cq.workflow.compatibility.CQWorkflowProcessRunner.execute(CQWorkflowProcessRunner.java:93)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:184)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.JobHandler.process(JobHandler.java:234)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.JobConsumerManager$JobConsumerWrapper.process(JobConsumerManager.java:512)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.startJob(JobQueueImpl.java:303)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.access$100(JobQueueImpl.java:66)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl$1.run(JobQueueImpl.java:238)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Further investigation showed that the process "PDFRasterizer" exited with the following error:

ERROR : PDFDocOpen: Unable to open input File

ERROR : PDFLib Error Code 537001985, Error String: File does not begin with '%PDF-'.

ERROR : Error System: 2 Error Severity: 2 Error Number: 1

ERROR : PDFRasterizer Error being set: 7

As far as I know, postscript files start with %!PS-Adobe-3.0

The error is kind of correct but doesn't that mean that your solution can not work at all?

PDFRasterizer is not able to handle postscript files at all!