Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can we create a review task at an individual image level instead of folder or collection?

Employee

Can we create a review task at an individual image level instead of folder or collection?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

This isn't an OTB functionality, but I wouldn't imagine it would be a tremendously hard customization.

If you really wanted to keep your effort minimal and keep the user experience close to the OTB Review Task, you could look into adjusting the Render Condition for "Create Review Task" button.  I think the issue would be that the workflow expects a folder or a collection as a payload, so you'd probably need to figure out how to make your single asset wrapped in a temporary collection OR adjust the workflow to allow for single asset payloads.

If you're just looking for asset approval and don't need the UI elements of Review Task (and I don't think some elements would make sense for just one asset), probably easier to string together a few workflow steps in a custom workflow.  A participant step + setting asset status would lkely be pretty simple.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

This isn't an OTB functionality, but I wouldn't imagine it would be a tremendously hard customization.

If you really wanted to keep your effort minimal and keep the user experience close to the OTB Review Task, you could look into adjusting the Render Condition for "Create Review Task" button.  I think the issue would be that the workflow expects a folder or a collection as a payload, so you'd probably need to figure out how to make your single asset wrapped in a temporary collection OR adjust the workflow to allow for single asset payloads.

If you're just looking for asset approval and don't need the UI elements of Review Task (and I don't think some elements would make sense for just one asset), probably easier to string together a few workflow steps in a custom workflow.  A participant step + setting asset status would lkely be pretty simple.

Level 1

Hi,

wizard implementation can be found under /libs/dam/gui/content/projects/addtask and drop-down can be found here /libs/cq/gui/components/projects/admin/userpicker.

Unfortunately both those areas are marked as granite:InternalArea. Based on AEM documentation

Internal (granite:InternalArea) - Defines a node as internal. Nodes classified as internal cannot be overlaid, inherited, or used directly. These nodes are meant only for internal functionality of AEM

I have been assigned the same use case, is there any other way to implement the same?