Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Auto-Publishing PDF Documents in Scene7

Level 2

My company uses AEM 6.5 Assets and Dynamic Media/Scene7. We use Scene7 to generate URLs for each of our individual assets, both images and PDF documents. The asset URLs are then pushed to a variety of downstream systems (Marketo, Sites, digital publishers, etc.). By using URLS for individual assets, whenever a update is made to any of our assets (including PDFs), the downstream systems point to the most current version of the asset. Many of our assets are PDF documents (white papers, case studies, etc.)

Oddly enough, Scene7 auto-publishes images but not PDF documents. Scene7 only auto-publishes PDF documents as e-catalog, which we don't use. Each time we upload a PDF document, we have to manually publish the PDF.

Does anyone have any experience with this? If not, is there someone I can reach out to at Adobe to suggest a feature enhancement for Scene7 to auto-publish PDF documents?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Employee Advisor

Hi Christina,

On Adobe Scene 7 Publishing System (SPS), you can change a setting for uploading PDF documents.

PDF documents are not published, when you have Processing = rasterize, for PDF options (under Upload Job Options)

VikramGaur_0-1579114347754.png

In case, you are not using eCatalog, please un-check Auto-Generate eCatalog option and change the Processing to None and it will publish PDF automatically (when you upload them)

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

22 Replies

Community Advisor

@leo-locatelli  Please open a new thread/query in Assets community to get proper help.