Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Assign a Storage Admin

Level 3

As the System Admin, how do I assign a Storage Admin? That role is not listed as a choice when I add an admin (I can select System, Product, Product Profile, User Group, Deployment, and Support Admins.)

According to this article , a Storage Admin manages the storage administration of the organization. The administrator can view storage consumption of both active and inactive users and transfer contents to other recipients.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @PhillipDunn ,

So there are 3 ways, this will work in Cloud SDK as well.

1. Go to Tools in the sites console & select "Opearions". Now go to Health Reports & you should see a Disk Space Report present there. It should give you an idea about disk space, node space and so on..

2. Go to Tools in the sites console, and then select "Operations" , and click on system overview. This will give you the useable disk space( remaining disk space). This will be including everything in your instance.

3. Go to Assets in the Sites console tools, and then Reports and then create a new report. Now you can just add whichever folder under dam you want to add, or the entire dam. This will give you a granular view of the dam in which you can see which folder in your dam is taking up most of the space and so on.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @PhillipDunn ,

There is no specific role called "Storage Admin" in AEM Groups.

But, you can add a user to administrators, and then explicitly deny that users access to whatever you feel should not be allowed. You can achieve this.

Level 3

@Anmol_Bhardwaj Thank you for your reply. The documentation must be out of date, as it specifies that exact role. 

My real question is how can I as the system admin see how much storage I am using in an AEM Assets Cloud instance and how much I have remaining?

Level 4

On cloud - Assets are stored in the datastore, so there’s no concept of “free space” nodes and properties are stored in Mongo. Again, no concept for “free space”.

We have Disk usage reports under assets -> that would show space used by assets under /content/dam

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/admin/asset-...

on local sdk we had http://localhost:4507/etc/reports/diskusage.html - not available on cloud instance but this gives an...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @PhillipDunn ,

So there are 3 ways, this will work in Cloud SDK as well.

1. Go to Tools in the sites console & select "Opearions". Now go to Health Reports & you should see a Disk Space Report present there. It should give you an idea about disk space, node space and so on..

2. Go to Tools in the sites console, and then select "Operations" , and click on system overview. This will give you the useable disk space( remaining disk space). This will be including everything in your instance.

3. Go to Assets in the Sites console tools, and then Reports and then create a new report. Now you can just add whichever folder under dam you want to add, or the entire dam. This will give you a granular view of the dam in which you can see which folder in your dam is taking up most of the space and so on.