Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Assets have not been published when publishing page via activate tree

Level 2

I have a page and some related assets in it,when i trying to publish this page by acticate tree,the related assets will not be published successful,but can be published successful when i try to publish this page by quick publish button

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @leonzhao0327 

Tree replication does not support activation of refrenced content like pages, assets, tags etc. It can perform plain replication of the pages in the hierarchy you have selected.

In order to activate pages along with reference, you can use "manage publication" option which will allow you to activate page along with its child pages and references.

Refer the screenshot below to select manage publication option:
Screenshot from 2020-07-21 23-04-45.png

Screenshot from 2020-07-21 23-05-01.png

Once you click on next, There will be a screen, selecting the page will show an option to include children like this

Screenshot from 2020-07-21 23-08-18.png

Click on include children and select further options like "include modified" etc. Children pages will be added and once you click on publish, all added pages along with refernces like assets, tags will be published as well.

Screenshot from 2020-07-21 23-11-08.png

This option will provide you similar functionality as replicating pages hierarchy with tree activation along with refrences selected.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

Nupur

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Do you see this Asset in the to be activated list after checking the "Dry Run" checkbox?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @leonzhao0327 

Tree replication does not support activation of refrenced content like pages, assets, tags etc. It can perform plain replication of the pages in the hierarchy you have selected.

In order to activate pages along with reference, you can use "manage publication" option which will allow you to activate page along with its child pages and references.

Refer the screenshot below to select manage publication option:
Screenshot from 2020-07-21 23-04-45.png

Screenshot from 2020-07-21 23-05-01.png

Once you click on next, There will be a screen, selecting the page will show an option to include children like this

Screenshot from 2020-07-21 23-08-18.png

Click on include children and select further options like "include modified" etc. Children pages will be added and once you click on publish, all added pages along with refernces like assets, tags will be published as well.

Screenshot from 2020-07-21 23-11-08.png

This option will provide you similar functionality as replicating pages hierarchy with tree activation along with refrences selected.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

Nupur

Level 1

Hi, close this issue as this feature is not support by Activate Tree, it's implemented by our self service.