Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AssetManagers moveAsset Operation in AEMcs environment - to move asset from one path to another

Level 4

Hi All, 

I have a requirement to move asset/s from one path (/content/dam/sourcePath) to (/content/dam/dest) path.
I am planning to use asssetManager.moveAsset(..) operation from com.adobe.granite.asset.api.AssetManager API.

Ref.

https://www.adobe.io/experience-manager/reference-materials/6-5/javadoc/com/adobe/granite/asset/api/...

Considering the AEM's newer architecture(AEM CS), is this the right way to implement asset move functionality?

If I have to go with given API, how does assetManager.moveAsset operation works for already published assets, whether I need to unpublish it first and then invoke moveAsset operation or it will internally first unpublish it and then perform asset move?

Any suggestions please..

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If any method is drepricated, you should see depricated word against method name, based on api specifications it looks moveAsset method is not depricated. 

For Asset Move optration - steps should be

1. Unpublish the asset - you can use OOB unpublish workflow step

2. Move Asset to destination path

3. Publish if needed. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If any method is drepricated, you should see depricated word against method name, based on api specifications it looks moveAsset method is not depricated. 

For Asset Move optration - steps should be

1. Unpublish the asset - you can use OOB unpublish workflow step

2. Move Asset to destination path

3. Publish if needed.