Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Asset status computed property

Level 8

Hi,

I created asset status computed property in my project(i.e.,My Asset Share) by referring this document I deployed it to aem isntance Then after I checked whether asset status computed property updated or not in asset details page of metadata component its updated.But I observed that asset status computed property is updated in asset share commons package also.

Can anyone tell how this happend I created asset computed property in my project na but its displaying in asset share commons package also. 

Thanks,

Vani

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012,

This is correct behavior, it's because Asset Share Commons functionality is collecting all available implementations of com.adobe.aem.commons.assetshare.content.properties.ComputedProperty interface, and exposing it via service that implements com.adobe.aem.commons.assetshare.content.properties.ComputedProperties.

It does not matter which project (is it Asset Share Commons or any additional extension) provides implementation of ComputedProperty.

There is one important rule you should remember, if there are 2 or more ComputedProperty with the same name (ComputedProperty.getName()), the one with higher ranking will be included.

Please look into following classes to get full understanding behind the logic provided by Asset Share Commons:

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012,

This is correct behavior, it's because Asset Share Commons functionality is collecting all available implementations of com.adobe.aem.commons.assetshare.content.properties.ComputedProperty interface, and exposing it via service that implements com.adobe.aem.commons.assetshare.content.properties.ComputedProperties.

It does not matter which project (is it Asset Share Commons or any additional extension) provides implementation of ComputedProperty.

There is one important rule you should remember, if there are 2 or more ComputedProperty with the same name (ComputedProperty.getName()), the one with higher ranking will be included.

Please look into following classes to get full understanding behind the logic provided by Asset Share Commons: