Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

As a non admin user, I need the ability to download EXPIRED assets

Level 2

As a non admin User group, I need the ability to enable download of EXPIRED assets in AEM.

OOTB, AEM does not support download for EXPIRED assets for non admin users

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Found a custom solution where we added a new button identical to the download button which is visible to non admin users only and we wrote a custom download servlet that gets triggered on the button click which downloads the asset.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

I have been able to overlay several files to make download option available for expired assets for non-admin users but when I complete the download popup, it downloads an empty file. Not sure what else I need to change so that it actually downloads the expired assets.

Anyone has been able to enable this?

SKM

Correct answer by
Level 2

Found a custom solution where we added a new button identical to the download button which is visible to non admin users only and we wrote a custom download servlet that gets triggered on the button click which downloads the asset.

Level 2

Hi there,

I have this requirement as well. Our content owners are not full admins, but they are responsible for expired assets.

Could you provide any more detail on the solution?

Any other methods? Adding a different user group to be allowed instead of admins?

It seems to be hard baked in to the download servlet rather than a render condition :(.

Thanks,

Mike