Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Assets - Full Capabilities

Community Advisor

Hi Team

I have a more generic question to the community regarding the assets. I want to know what are the capabilities what the licensed AEM Assets Module offer ? I am posting this question to the common AEM group since I guess more help will come from their than the assets group

Thanks

Veena

4 Replies

Community Advisor

kautuksahnismacdonald2008​ I have been asked by my BU heads about AEM DAM standalone version. I am not sure if they are having a misunderstanding or I am not aware of anything like that. AFAIK , AEM assets is part of AEM server itself but with license we get more control on the DAM. Could you please help me with below , This was a question raised by one of my leads. I have neva heard about any AEM assets Stand alone application as such.

Administrator

Other than our marketing pages on adobe.com and helpx, we don’t have a feature-by-feature description at this level of detail.

AEM Assets is the marketing name for the DAM s, there is no need to make further installation but for AEM assets you would need separate license . As provided by Praveen, please go through the information shared in the links.

What do I get from AEM Assets that is not part of AEM WCM?

Unique features that are only available to customers of AEM Assets are:

1. the ability to extract and edit metadata other than title, tags and description.
  2. the AEM Assets Admin, available from the welcome screen by clicking the second button next to the siteadmin
  3. the Geometrixx Asset Share example DAM finder
  4. All components being used in the Geometrixx Asset Share - namely: Query Builder, Category Predicate, Date Predicate, Generic Predicate, Lens Deck, Mosaic Lens, List Lens, iFrame Lens and all Asset-related actions
  5. All workflow steps related to Digital Asset Management, namely AEM Assets Ingestion, AEM Assets Deletion, AEM Assets Sub-Asset-Handling, AEM Assets metadata extraction
  6. libraries including "dam" im package space

Using these features requires a valid license of AEM Assets.

Source: AEM Assets vs. AEM MediaLibrary

Anything specific that you are looking for?

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

I understand these info , but I think there is a general confusion among few of our BA as they assume AEM Assets to be separate from AEM .  Anyway thanks for these info