Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM Asset shared link downloads issue

Level 1

If user click on AEM 6.3 Asset shared link's download link, it will by default download all the rendition of the image. I have a requirement where I want only original file to get downloaded and no rendition file. How can I achieve that ?

Thanks in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

to remove default rendition in default behaviour  "renditionselect" node   in /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/downloadasset/items/container/items/optional to remove rendition when download.

pls fine following attachments.

1338124_pastedImage_4.png

1338138_pastedImage_5.png

To update Asset share Link look in to /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/adhocassetsharedialog/items/dialog/items/sharelink

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

satyamb6856793​ i am trying to understand the requirement. Do you what this to happen in touch ui or classic ?

Level 6

For Touch Ui you have to overlay /libs/dam/gui/components/admin/downloadasset/downloadasset.jsp and update the downloadasset.jsp not to display asset renditions.

downloadasset.jsp is file that is displayed when you click on download icon.

To know more pls look into aem documentation in following link

Overlay Comments Component

Overlays

Level 1

Thank you for quick response.

I could not find the downloadassets node under admin in AEM 6.3. Can you please let me know the correct path for the same.

Also here I was talking about the shared content - Asset link sharing . I want to change the default behaviour of Download in touch UI. I think this is handled by some OOTB servlet in AEM, not sure about the same (It seem from logs)

Correct answer by
Level 6

to remove default rendition in default behaviour  "renditionselect" node   in /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/downloadasset/items/container/items/optional to remove rendition when download.

pls fine following attachments.

1338124_pastedImage_4.png

1338138_pastedImage_5.png

To update Asset share Link look in to /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/adhocassetsharedialog/items/dialog/items/sharelink