Expand my Community achievements bar.

Community UI and Platform Changes are Coming!

Level 10
ExL-herov2.png

Hello Experience Maker,

For the last few months, the community team has been working to migrate Experience League Community from Jive to a new platform. We're incredibly excited to announce the new community will Go Live on 6th December. The upgrade to Experience League's Community toolset strengthen the ways in which we deliver quick answers,  host peer to peer discussions, and collect future product requirements and ideas. Additionally, we will have better ways to track contributions and recognize you and your fellow experience makers when you share your knowledge and key know-how around the Adobe Experience Cloud products.

Starting 2nd December, 12:00 am PT, through the launch date of 6th December, we will be transitioning user profiles, content and posts from the existing Jive forum platform to the new Lithium platform. Unfortunately, we will lose all posts, replies and other content created during this time period.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we launch a fresh and exciting phase of Experience League Community. If you have questions or feedback, please contact us in the community.

Thanks,

Experience League Community Team

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

looking forward to it. gamification is better on Li

Level 1

Not a lot of the features are active there yet. The main forums are on that platform now. Have a look at them.

Level 10

The Experience Cloud community will actually have a completely separate instance from Creative Cloud community. We may or may not have different features from their instance.

Level 2

I hope you take a long look at the current main Adobe forum system on Khoros and stay as far away from  that layout as possible.

That is if you want your users, members, to stay happy.

Level 10

Thanks for the feedback. Are there specific elements that you don't like about the current Creative Cloud community? If you can provide a bit more detail, I'll be happy to pass your feedback along to both the Creative Cloud community team and the rest of our Experience Cloud community team.

I believe the Experience Cloud community layout will be a bit different from Creative Cloud but we're always open to ways we can improve the community experience.

Level 2

Yes. One big one is in the new CC forum there is no Quoting of a post you are replying to (unless you Copy and Paste that post yourself into the reply you are making).

And that is caused by Nesting of replies. If you reply to the discussion starter it appear similar to the replies here on JIVE. But if a reply is made to another Reply (Like I am replying to your reply of my original reply to you) that is then Nested. I'm including a a link to a discussion that show what I'm talking about. But the nesting is screwy also. you can have a 4 page discussion and someone reply to the first or second original reply to the original poster and those Nested Replies could show up on page 1, 2 or 3 of that 4 page reply. Not at the end, Not in chronological order like this reply that I am making (it will be at the End of the discussion not someplace in the middle).

How to Activate CS5.5 Offline! - Adobe Support Community - 10745223

No one can tell who is talking to who. It has got to be the worst support forum experience I have ever had. I am a ACP and a Moderator on both forums, Yes my Mod status still works on this forum.

2019-11-20 17_21_25-(1) Moderation _ Adobe Community.png

Over on the new Khoros CC forum (they call it a Community) there isn't any moderation system like here on JIVE. No Mod queue and no good way to report Spam users.

I have even gone as far as belittling and berating the Adobe employees that seem to be in charge because I can't believe how they could come from a functional forum system to what they switched us to. Now maybe it wasn't all there fault and they are just trying to work with what they were given. But in my honest opinion they were sold a Bill of Good, like the Emperors New Clothes.

If you haven't been there I suggest you take a long hard look at it.

I know Khoros does forum software similar in layout to this current system because the Autodesk support forums use Khoros and here is a screen shot of one of there forums.

2019-10-27 19_46_39-AutoCAD LT Forum - Autodesk Community.png

The Creative Cloud forum is a Mess and a disaster. Many TOP contributors have left, maybe to return or not if it doesn't get straightened out.

If you are planing on using the same system then you will have a Rude Awakening. Your users are going to be very upset.

Best of luck with the switch over.

Level 2

1.What's going to happen to the work we do on the experience league now?

I've been using this for the last year and have watched it evolved and it's getting really good.

2.Why the move?

3.What do WE get out this? Will I be able to add badges to my Linkedin Profile now?

4.Will I have better material to show to my local Experience Cloud User group?

5.Will I get material I can close more deals with?

6.Will support be better on this new site? I've opened cases on the Experience League (EL) and they don't even see them till I call in and even then they have to search through some backend tool to confirm my submittals.

Level 10

1) The main Experience League site is not being changed as part of this migration. Only our community forums are changing.

2) Our current community platform is becoming outdated. We are upgrading to a more modern community platform that will allow us additional options to improve the community experience.

3-6) Since I think these questions were based on the assumption that the main Experience League learning site was changing. My answer may not be what you're looking for. With that said, we are moving to a modern platform in order to increase performance, improve community usability (search, tagging, kudos, ect), and provide us additional flexibility and capabilities for future improvement.

Outside of this migration conversation, I'm happy to also address your feedback around the Experience League learning site. I'll send you a direct message regarding those items so we can keep this thread focused on the community migration.

Thanks,

Jantzen Belliston

Community Manager - Experience Cloud

Level 2

Hi Jantzen,

First, I'm glad to hear EL isn't changing. I just started to like it.

Second, about the Adobe forums. There is so much info here. I found the old site/useful but I had to put a lot of effort to find what I needed. I literally had to search, search, search because sometimes the subscriptions I approved didn't but my main concern now is the events. This forum had lots of links to events and I hope that doesn't go away or they are made prominent in the new site. It's was irritating being a partner and not knowing about events in my area.

Finally, will the old set be archived so we can at least search through until the new site is bug free? I've used lithium and don't really like it.

Level 2

This is what was said about the switch for the CC forums. It was a LIE.

99% of people that come to any Support forum (That is a SUPPORT Forum system) come there because they are having problems with the software they are using. Not to Socialize and hang out. They post their question, wait for a reply and most of the time never come back unless they have another problem or a question about a feature.