Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

user migration Enterprise or Adobe ids?

Level 1

Hi there,

I am looking at migrating all analytics users over to the Adobe Cloud.

Although I have read a number of articles with regards to the difference between Enterprise ids and Adobe ids I am still not sure which is a better option.

Can we still transfer report set up and dashboards etc. from one user to another when they have Adobe ID?

Apologies if this is a silly question but still not sure apart for the stricter access which options is more common. What are other people using?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

With Adobe IDs, the user actually owns the login. You as an administrator can remove their login's access from your products but you as the enterprise don't actually own the user. With Enterprise ID or Federated ID, you as the enterprise own the login. You have more control over their login as a result. Typically, we see customers use Enterprise IDs or Federated IDs for their employees and Adobe IDs for third party consultants.

Using Enterprise IDs allows you to also build out integrations with your LDAP server and setup more secure sign in options like SSO with an identity provider.

Thanks,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

With Adobe IDs, the user actually owns the login. You as an administrator can remove their login's access from your products but you as the enterprise don't actually own the user. With Enterprise ID or Federated ID, you as the enterprise own the login. You have more control over their login as a result. Typically, we see customers use Enterprise IDs or Federated IDs for their employees and Adobe IDs for third party consultants.

Using Enterprise IDs allows you to also build out integrations with your LDAP server and setup more secure sign in options like SSO with an identity provider.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Employee

This isn’t a silly question at all. You can still transfer dashboards,reports etc all of these functions are still in analytics. All we are doing is moving your users and the groups to the cloud. Adobe is vs. Enterprise Ids come down to do you need full control of who accessed your data?

Sent from my iPhone