Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Marketing Cloud Visitor ID - customer IDs case sensitive?

Level 3

Hi,

along with the Marketing Cloud visitor ID, you can associate additional customer IDs - are these additonal customer IDs handled case sensitiv? Eg is cid="AB-12345" equal to "ab-1234"??

Thanks, Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Michael,

Customer ID's are case-sensitive. I put in a request to add this to the documentation. Let me know if you have any additional questions on this.

Cheers,

Tacia

Update: Product documentation is available here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mcvid/mcvid_customer_ids.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Michael,

Customer ID's are case-sensitive. I put in a request to add this to the documentation. Let me know if you have any additional questions on this.

Cheers,

Tacia

Update: Product documentation is available here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mcvid/mcvid_customer_ids.html

Level 3

Hi Tacia,

in the meantime I have contacted Client Care and they told me, that within the Visitor ID Service customer ID are not case sensitive! See transcript below. (Reference 160629-000235)

As this has a big impact on our integratio, could you please check this again?

Thanks, Michael

[08:35:45 AM] Michael Schubert: example: // Single ID with a single authentication state
visitor.setCustomerIDs({
"userid":{
"id":"67312378756723456",
"authState":Visitor.AuthState.AUTHENTICATED
}
});
[08:36:46 AM] Michael Schubert: the question belongs to userid.id
[08:41:54 AM] Upasana Jaglan: I just checked on it & they are not case sensitive.
[08:42:14 AM] Upasana Jaglan: uppercase & lowercase will be treated as same.
[08:42:43 AM] Michael Schubert: ok, great ... this means visitor.setCustomerIDs({
"id":"aaa6731"
}
});
[08:42:53 AM] Michael Schubert: is equal to visitor.setCustomerIDs({
"id":"AAA6731"
}
});
[08:43:04 AM] Upasana Jaglan: Yes, they wil be treated same.

Level 9

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have double checked with the Engineering Manager for the product and they are indeed case-sensitive. I will reach out to Customer Care and let them know.

Sincerely,

Tacia