Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Marketing cloud phone gap plugin for push messaging

Level 1

Hi there, 

I have installed marketing cloud phone gap plugin into my Cordova hybrid mobile app.

I have implemented custom tracking which is working well.

Currently, I am  planning include push messaging function into my hybrid app. However, I am not sure whether it is possible to do it with marketing cloud phone gap plugin. Besides, I could not find any info regarding this phone gap plugin support for push messaging.

It would be very helpful, if there is any workaround to achieve push messaging function.

Regarding,

Parvin 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Parvin,

I was able to share your question with one of our mobile engineers. They indicated they've had the best results with a combo of the AMS plugin and the phonegap push plugin (v1.8.4). With the two plugins installed, you can register and handle notifications from client side javascript.

For additional detail, see the excellent push plugin docs 

Cheers,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Parvin,

I was able to share your question with one of our mobile engineers. They indicated they've had the best results with a combo of the AMS plugin and the phonegap push plugin (v1.8.4). With the two plugins installed, you can register and handle notifications from client side javascript.

For additional detail, see the excellent push plugin docs 

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 1

Hi Jantzen,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Just wondering what are you referring to "handle notifications from client side javascript" ? Can I use Adobe Mobile Services Admin Page to manage push messages?

Regards,

Parvin

Level 10

Hi Parvin,

Yes, push messaging can be managed via the Adobe Mobile Services UI.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 1
Hi Jantzen,

Thanks for the reply. I have installed the suggested plugins. However, I only able to receive the push notifications using the "TEST" feature.

I tried using available create audience feature but did not received any push notifications( waited for one day).

But, Adobe mobile service console showing accurate opted in count but no push notifications received. 

I already implemented ADB.setPushIdentifier(DeviceToken, success, fail). Pls help to highlight if I am missing any steps.

Regards,

Parvin

Level 10

Parvin,

As you mentioned, the test is working so It looks like we're making progress.  Now, we can focus on sending the push using a message campaign.

I'd recommend double checking a few things. First, check that the devices you are testing push with are part of the Analytics segment that the push campaign is sending to. To do this, create an Analytics segment that is targeted at those devices and ensure you can see the hits in an Analytics report. After you've verified the hits, use that Analytics segment to send a push message

If you are sure your segment contains your device and the push messaging still isn't working, go ahead and open a ticket with Customer Care. They can gather your report suite ID, company details, and other required information and pass it along to our engineers to check on the back end if necessary.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 10

Parvin,

One of our other mobile engineers asked what version of the plugin you are using. In their testing, they experienced an issue with one of the versions as well. Inside the plugin it should say what version it is. Something similar to:

<plugin name="adobe-mobile-services" spec="^4.7.0" />

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 1

Hi Jantzen,

Sorry for the late reply, I have tried with all steps and suggestions provided above but no luck.

I will open a ticket with Customer Care for solution. Grateful for your guidance :)

Level 10

Yeah, go ahead and contact customer care. They may need to dive deeper into the issue than we can get on the public forums. Would you mind marking the answer you found most helpful correct? I want to ensure anyone else running into this same issue gets a head start on finding a solution.