Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Are alerts in Reports & Analytics THAT bad??

Level 3

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I can't set actionable hourly alerts for basic metrics such as Page Views or Orders on an hourly basis. My goal is to send an email if PageViews or Orders fall below a lower hourly threshold.

The main problem is I can't specify the alert to trigger based on specific hours. My 2-5am hours will definitely have lower PVs and Orders than 2-5pm... but I can only set the alert to check for the same lower limit per every hour, and this wont do! I need to have different alerts per hour, so lets say I can set an eVar that captures the hour so I'd be able to set an alert for a specific hour... 

Now the problem becomes that I can't set an Alert to check at the end of an hour in eVars :s 

Weirdly enough, I can only set hourly alerts on a raw success event report, or a trended pageviews report of a prop value... I'm good with a lower limit Alert for PageViews if I implement a prop, but not my all important Orders, I need an evar with the hours as values. 

Whats the deal? Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Jean

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Could you please let me know if you're using the Report builder plugin or directly pulling your reports from Sitecatalyst?

Kind Regards

Rahul

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Jean

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Could you please let me know if you're using the Report builder plugin or directly pulling your reports from Sitecatalyst?

Kind Regards

Rahul