Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Customizing the OOTB DAM update Asset workflow

Level 2

Hi Team, 

i've copied OOTB "DAM Update Asset" and "DAM Sub asset" workflow Models in to my codebase under custom path and implemented some pdf rasterizer custom steps. Also rename the workflow name, title and description. Once i deployed the changes through the code in my local i see the custom changes through crx/de but whenever i am opening the workflow models through workflow console it is showing me the expected both workflow OOTB and custom but not showing the custom steps as part of custom workflow and it is always show the OOTB steps in my custom workflow and it is taking the precedence and workflow setting from the OOTB. If i update anything in my custom workflow and the same is being reflecting in OOTB workflow. Has anyone experienced this issue. Any help is appreciated.  Thank You.

#Conf path#

OOTB : /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/dam/update_asset

OOTB : /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/dam/process_subasset

Custom path : /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/myproject/rasterizer_update_asset

Custom path : /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/myproject/rasterizer_process_subasset

#Var Path#

OOTB : /var/workflow/models/dam/update_asset

OOTB :/var/workflow/models/dam/process_subasset 

Custom path : /var/workflow/models/myproject/rasterizer_update_asset

Custom path : /var/workflow/models/myproject/rasterizer_process_subasset 

3 Replies

Level 9

@kchaura , can you please share .content.xml for below paths

/conf/global/settings/workflow/models/myproject/rasterizer_update_asset

/var/workflow/models/myproject/rasterizer_update_asset

Level 2

@sravs .content.xml  is the same as OOTB we just updated the workflow name update_asset f to update_asset_rasterizer and then later changed the title and description  as per the below.

Now we are directly updating the rasterizer steps in to OOTB  DAM Update Asset workflow under /conf and /var path instead of creating the another copy. As per the adobe documentation there will be no updates under /conf and /var folder  during the AEM upgrade process. Out-of-the-box workflow designs are held under the /libs/settings/workflow/models/ path. Let me know your throughs on this?

reference link : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-64/developing/extending-aem/extending-... 

jcr:description="This workflow manages the update of assets using rasterizer"
jcr:title="Rasterizer DAM Update Asset"

Administrator

@kchaura Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni