Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using ChatGPT to Answer Forum is SPAM and Disrespectful to the Community

Level 7

I've noticed some users are not being genuine by literally copying the question title and description into ChatGPT. Next, they would copy and paste the answers in this forum, and it gets accepted. 

IMO, this is completely SPAM and disrespectful to the community, as all AEM professionals provides real examples and helpful responses based on their true experiences. Here these ChatGPT spammers are trying to leverage the tool to get more correct answered questions.

A user I have identified is https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17768697 he can't be stopped so I tried to comment on his every post, informing the question asker the potential of the SPAM.

This problem must be raised to the administrators.

This is non-sense SPAM, and must be stopped before it gets worst. Maybe this forum should just ban folks who replies w/ AI... 

@HrishikeshKa  we need you to stop SPAMMING in the community with your quick copy and paste of the title and question to Chat GPT, because you are CONFUSING developers based on artificial experiences.

8 Replies

Level 7

@HrishikeshKa please be truthful and post based on your skills and experience without using AI to quickly copy and paste questions into the response of answers. You are literally confusing EVERYBODY at this point... wasting everyone's time. The person who ask the questions and also to the community administrators.

Infact, if your answer is selected, you are completely confusing EVERYBODY on the AEM community making this environment bad quality... we want this community to be high quality, questions answered by professionals without a AI bot... 

We forgive you, just start typing solutions on your own, and stop SPAMMING!

Community Advisor

Thanks for raising it @AEMWizard 

@kautuk_sahni / @Jagpreet_Singh_ : Need your input here, could you please share if using AI/bot is a community guideline violation or not?

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Very well said @AEMWizard 
Some of the community members who recently joined already have levels at 6/7/8 on their profiles. Meanwhile, we're here trying to answer questions, among other things, but it still takes a long time. This is because not every question can be answered by everyone. I started about 3 months ago but got frustrated due to this and stopped participating.

cc: @kautuk_sahni @arunpatidar 

Community Advisor

@abhishekanand_ 

Lets just ignore the BOT answers for a minute. We are still a lot of people contributing to the community. These would be multiple answers and sometimes each one is correct+complete.

I would suggest not to get discouraged by accepted answers, but rather focus on the technique that people use to derive answers or how they put their thoughts into words. There is a lot to learn (and trust me because I felt the same initially and then overcame it). 

Example: 

@EstebanBustamante  & @Jörg_Hoh have always to-the-point answers. They won't hesitate to point out if something is wrong with the approach making each reply insightful.

@arunpatidar Has experience with community over multiple years and easily able to understand the question and point to related threads/blogs/solutions.

@sravs @Raja_Reddy @HimanshuPa @Jagadeesh_Prakash @Saravanan_Dharmaraj .... Its difficult to list everyone. But, each one has made the community what it is today.  People post questions, when out of options and hope to get solution/direction to take.

You would be surprised how contributing and learning from others would transform your skill-set and attitude in no time. 

CC: @kautuk_sahni 

Aanchal Sikka

Level 10

Hi @AEMWizard ,

yes, more time used that tool, I'm not aware about this tool answer can't we use here. now you informed from now I won't be use the tool and copy pasting answer.

I will create by own answer then will post on community, thanks for inform

I'm Apologize sorry for inconvenience to Everyone.

Thank you!

Administrator

@AEMWizard,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We understand the frustration it may cause for you and others who contribute genuinely to our community. We recognize the need to address this concern and develop guidelines accordingly. I'll work with my team internally to establish clear guidelines.

It's important to note that while we cannot prohibit the use of generative AI outright, we believe in its responsible utilization to enhance answer quality, not to replace authentic contributions. There should be a balanced approach to it. Users should diligently verify the accuracy and relevance of AI-generated responses before posting them. Generative AI should be used (if used) to enhance the quality of answers but not to answer without checking their accuracy, which could mislead and wrongly guide the original author.

Additionally, to ensure transparency, I propose adding a disclaimer to such answers indicating they are inspired or sourced from generative AI. Our aim is to leverage AI as a tool (if used) for improving the depth and breadth of responses while respecting the expertise and effort of our community members. Your feedback is important as we create guidelines to keep our community discussions fair, transparent, and trustworthy.

Thank you once again for raising this important issue.

Note: Let's maintain the discussion with a supportive and constructive mindset. Please reach out to me directly through DM so we can collaborate on addressing the issue and discussing guidelines. Your suggestions are welcome and appreciated in DM.

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Hey @AEMWizard, I understand your point and empathize with your feelings. I've even commented on some posts that aren't entirely accurate to clarify. However, I believe there's a valuable lesson to be learned from this situation. I'm confident that as a community, we can collaborate and come up with a good solution. Perhaps we can discuss this further with @kautuk_sahni @Jagpreet_Singh_  in our next community call.

I also want to express gratitude to all the people here in the community who truly spend hours trying to help others. Beyond the trophy list, I think we should find peace in knowing that we are doing good and giving back to the community.

Thank you all for the kind words spread on this post for all the community advisors.

Cheers!

Esteban Bustamante