Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Using more than one email address for the same recipient

Level 2

Hi all,

please let me know how the best way to configure this scenario in adobe campaign :

My customer database has, for example, 3 different email adresses for each costumer, and depending on the campaign, I need to use one or another of these different email adresses.

Do you know the best way to use this, considering that I don't want to loss all the control that I need to do for each email address (for example, quarantine management).

The same question is applicable to the mobile phone number.

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can follow the steps outlined below:

• Extend the recipient schema to add additional email addresses field say @email2 and @email3
  • There is a default target mapping for nms:recipient which makes use of @email column for picking email addresses.
  • You can create two more target mappings and then use email2 and email3 as the email address field respectively.
  • Define delivery templates one each for the target mappings you have.
  • Use specific delivery templates inside your campaign.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can follow the steps outlined below:

• Extend the recipient schema to add additional email addresses field say @email2 and @email3
  • There is a default target mapping for nms:recipient which makes use of @email column for picking email addresses.
  • You can create two more target mappings and then use email2 and email3 as the email address field respectively.
  • Define delivery templates one each for the target mappings you have.
  • Use specific delivery templates inside your campaign.

Level 2

Vipul, thanks for you answer.

Please let me know if, doing this way, I will suffer these limitations that are mentioned in this doc, about "custom recipient table" :

Introduction

And also, please let me know what is supposed to happen when a customer click in "opt-out" link, in a email that I sended using one of the 3 emails that he has :

- all his 3 emails will be flagged as "opt-out"

or

- just the address that I used will be flagged as "opt-out".

Thanks again.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Since you will still be using the default nms:recipient table though with some custom extensions you will not be impacted. The link you have shared deals with scenario where your organization doesn't wish to use recipient table but have their own dedicated table say customers to hold target audience data.

Unsubscribe links contains the ID value of a recipient in encrypted form. it is this value used to locate a recipient on your landing pages.

Email doesn't play a role here.

So on the unsub page you can define the logic to mark the parent @blacklist field as 1 or if you want to opt them out of a specific channel mark @blacklistEmail field as 1.

If unsubscribes are being done from a specific service then still you will have the PK value of recipient in unsub link and the same will help you unsubscribe a recipient from a service of choice irrespective of their email.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 10

Hi Valmir,

The alternative way is to use the factory nms:subscription feature (with @address or @adresspecific fields) and extends nms:subscription depending on your specific needs.

But it means that your delivery mapping becomes nms:subscription instead of nms:recipient, so take care for your count workflows and deliveries personalisation, change dimension accordingly.
It is bit more difficult than Vipul's recommendation, but more out-of-the-box oriented.

Regards
J-Serge