Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Using contacts from a CRM in email delivery

Level 3

Hi, We're trying to setup an email delivery where the email's recipients are leads that come from a CRM. The delivery works well when the leads are imported from the CRM and stored in Adobe Campaign. However, I would like to avoid storing them in Campaign.

Is it possible to realize that with a campaign workflow that consists of the following steps: CRM Connector -> Email delivery? When running such campaign, we encounter a schema compatibility issue between the schema specified in the transition (temp schema?) and the schema defined in the delivery template.

We tried to add an interim step for the conversion of the schema (CRM Connector -> Enrichment -> Email delivery) but it required the recipients to be present in Adobe Campaign, too.

Could someone please advise or point to documentation that helps us realizing this use case?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kornel,

The error being observed is correct as the incoming transition of delivery is based on schema (say crm:incomingTarget) while a delivery by default is configured to use schema nms:recipient. This can be changed by selecting the correct Target mapping.

There are two ways you can resolve this problem

• Create a new target mapping to relate the fields required inside a delivery with the corresponding field in crm schema. For more information please refer to official documentation.
  • There is a default target mapping which can be used to relate any incoming transition to a delivery. This target mapping is called as mapAny or External File mapping. Just take note of the attribute detail in crm schema that keeps hold of email details. Let's say this column is @crmEmail. 

To change target mapping for a delivery

1. Open the delivery editor.
  2. Click on To link.
  3. On the popup box you have a section for target mapping and allows you to select target mapping of choice.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kornel,

The error being observed is correct as the incoming transition of delivery is based on schema (say crm:incomingTarget) while a delivery by default is configured to use schema nms:recipient. This can be changed by selecting the correct Target mapping.

There are two ways you can resolve this problem

• Create a new target mapping to relate the fields required inside a delivery with the corresponding field in crm schema. For more information please refer to official documentation.
  • There is a default target mapping which can be used to relate any incoming transition to a delivery. This target mapping is called as mapAny or External File mapping. Just take note of the attribute detail in crm schema that keeps hold of email details. Let's say this column is @crmEmail. 

To change target mapping for a delivery

1. Open the delivery editor.
  2. Click on To link.
  3. On the popup box you have a section for target mapping and allows you to select target mapping of choice.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 3

Hi Vipul,

Thanks a lot for your help!

We would like to make it working using the crm schema.

On the CRM connector (workflow step) we specify a filter for the remote CRM elements, and add a number of remote fields. When running the workflow, we receive data from the CRM according to the filter, but the data in the incoming transition doesn't have the crm schema, but some kind of temporary schema.

Is that expected to see such temp schema in the transition?

Thanks,

Kornél

Employee Advisor

Kornel Keseru wrote...

Hi Vipul,

Thanks a lot for your help!

We would like to make it working using the crm schema.

On the CRM connector (workflow step) we specify a filter for the remote CRM elements, and add a number of remote fields. When running the workflow, we receive data from the CRM according to the filter, but the data in the incoming transition doesn't have the crm schema, but some kind of temporary schema.

Is that expected to see such temp schema in the transition?

Thanks,

Kornél

Hi Kornel,

In case of CRM connector, the output schema will indeed be a temporary one. I just tested it on my local setup.

You can then try solution number 2.

Use the mapAny target mapping and define the attribute of EMAIL coming from CRM as the email field in this mapping.

Level 3

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for you hints!

I tried solution number 2. The mapAny target mapping doesn't have a Targeting dimension by default. When I set the crm schema here, then I will get the well known schema incompatibility message when running the workflow.

I can avoid the error by leaving the targeting dimension field of the mapAny  target mapping empty. Then I can define the email coming from the temp schema (the attribute is 'Email_default'). I tried with the email attribute of the crm schema, without success.

Although this solution seems to workaround the schema compatibility issue, but I would like to find a solution that allows working with the crm schema as it gives me more consistency.

Thanks,

Kornél