Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Updating a database field through a generic landing page?

Level 4

After reading through the documentation found here: Creating a landing page

And some of the other threads in this forum I still seem to be struggling with updating simple fields.

My test case is to try and update the blackList field on a profile

So I have a generic landing page without a service bound to it:

1535324_pastedImage_1.png

And I have mapped the Form parameters in the properties of the Landing page:

1535325_pastedImage_2.png

The HTML in the page for the form part looks like this:

<div id="HtmlPage_htmlPage.line2">Please fill out the following information:</div>

<form class="form" method="POST" autocomplete="off">

<div><label class="stacked required" id="HtmlPage_htmlPage.blackList" data-nl-format="datetime">Please confirm</label> <input class="stacked nl-dce-done" type="checkbox" id="blacklist" name="blackList" data-nl-ismandatory="false" data-nl-label="blackList" data-nl-xpath="/context/profile/blackList" data-nl-type="string" data-nl-checkboxbehavior="subscription" data-nl-bindto="xpath" style="position: static; width: 448px; height: 40px; left: 0px; top: 0px; border-color: #555555; border-width: 0px; border-style: none; background-color: #fafafa; background-position: left top; background-repeat: repeat;" /></div>

<div class="button"><a href="#" data-nl-type="action" data-nl-action="next" id="HtmlPage_htmlPage.button">Subscribe</a></div>

</form></div>

The page submits well enough but the field is not updated. Could some kind soul tell me what I am missing here? I will admit I am not that experienced with ACS yet but hopefully will be soon enough.

Kind regards

Robert

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Robert,

Just a couple of ideas:

1) Make sure data type matches: data-nl-type="string"

2) Try toggling Constant to true/false and test.

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Pablo