Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Update Status vs Creation date in nms:address table

Level 5

Hi There,

I was just inspecting the data in the nms:address table.

I know that records generated with a status of quarantine are added to this table as a result of an email address hard bouncing (or soft bouncing many times).

What I'm not sure about is the difference between Creation date and Update status columns.

I understand that the creation date is the first time the record is added to the table (e.g. the first time that email address hard bounced).

But what does the update status field indicate?

How is updated? How can it be different from creation date? (in my head I thought once a record bounced and it was added to the table, it gets excludes any recipient records with matching email addresses from future email deliveries - which it is doing - so therefore it cannot bounce again to modify the record in the nms:address table).

Any insight appreciated.

Below is a sample of records with difference update status dates vs creation dates.

1477255_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi David,

The LastModified column is changed for people moving from SoftBounce to either HardBounce (usually after 5 days except if you changed Delivery factory/default values) or Valid (until the nightly cleanup job deletes these lines), and also coming from the ESP (Gmail, Yahoo, etc) feedback look (see Documentation by searching for Feedback_loop, there are several articles) a few hours or day later.

What it is weird in your screenshot, is that update date is approximately one month later.

Might you check your deliveries value for validityDuration element?
I wonder if the validity of your deliveries could be 1 month, so every day it could be attempts to send and consecutive updates.

Please see below (in French UI):

1478398_pastedImage_1.png

Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

If you will check the schema or form of "nms:address", you can see that the name for the "Update Status" column is "Last Modified" in the schema.

Update date (@lastModified)

So, Creation date basically is the date when the Record Is being inserted for the first time in the "nms:address" schema, whereas , Update Status is the date whenever some modifications are made to that record in the same schema.

Hope it clears your doubt.

Level 5

Hi kapilsharma0101

Thanks for your response.

That makes sense, but my question really is  - what process does Adobe Campaign have that would modify the records in this table and thus cause the date to change?

(as it's not a manual edit of records by an operator that is causing the modification)

As I said, in my head I thought once a record bounced and it was added to the table, it excludes any recipient records with matching email addresses from future email deliveries - which it is doing - so therefore it cannot bounce again to modify the record in the nms:address table.

Thanks

David

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Yes, it is changed manually. You can manually change the Status of some recipient from Quarantine to "Valid". And, that time the Update Status is changed as per the current time and date.

And, as per  my understanding, there is no process in Adobe Campaign which can change automatically change status of Quarantine Email to Valid automatically.

Level 5

I'm not looking to change the status.

I appreciate that manually changing the record in anyway would update the "Update status" date/time to current date/time - However I am not ever editing records in this table (neither are any other operators)... so there must be a process that causes this, and it is this that i'm looking to understand further.

Thanks

David

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi David,

The LastModified column is changed for people moving from SoftBounce to either HardBounce (usually after 5 days except if you changed Delivery factory/default values) or Valid (until the nightly cleanup job deletes these lines), and also coming from the ESP (Gmail, Yahoo, etc) feedback look (see Documentation by searching for Feedback_loop, there are several articles) a few hours or day later.

What it is weird in your screenshot, is that update date is approximately one month later.

Might you check your deliveries value for validityDuration element?
I wonder if the validity of your deliveries could be 1 month, so every day it could be attempts to send and consecutive updates.

Please see below (in French UI):

1478398_pastedImage_1.png

Regards
J-Serge

Level 5

Hi J-Serge Jean-Serge Biron​,

Yes, the large difference between the dates is what i was struggling to understand.

This is because we send all deliveries (unless time sensitive and then we may reduce) to have a validity length of 5 days.

Are you aware of anything else that may cause this? (it's not a feedback loop thing, I can see these ones)

Thanks

David