Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Transactional Message - Fields in Preview/Test Msg coming up 'Undefined'

Level 4

Hello, 

I'm trying to use personalization in the Transactional Msg template. I've define my fields in the Event. 

Image A.JPG

I then try to use the fields in the Transactional Msg, but they come back as 'undefined' in the Preview. When I try to use Postman and populate the fields in the ctx, the fields still return as 'undefined' 

Image B.JPG

Image C.JPG

Also - I set my @orderDate field as String in my Event, but when I populate the field as '10/01/2020' I get the following error: Date '10/01/2020' Invalid character at position 5 ('1')

If this is a String, what does it matter how I format it. This only seems to work if I format the field as '10-01-2020' 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 9
I am also seeing some inconsistency when I am passing dynamic values in the transactional message, in my message I am using abandoned cart code but when I trigger email via rest client it does or sometimes does not show me the actual value passed.

Level 2

I am experiencing something similar with Collections Data.

All data corresponding to the event is reflecting fine, its only Collection elements which are coming up as: Undefined

Level 4

step 1 - product list-structure component configuration.pngstep 2 - HTML code of product list-product name personalization fields.png

Garima - here's the following I got from Adobe Support. It's screen shots that may help you when defining the collection.To list out values of the field elements within the collection section of you corresponding rtevent, such as the product names, you’ll want to configure it differently. See the production listing section of following documentation for more information: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-standard/using/communication-channels/transactional-...