Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Tiny URL and personalisation in a SMS

Level 1

Hi there,

I would like to send a SMS from Adobe Campaign that contains a tiny URL to redirect the customer on a webApp hosted by Adobe Campaign.

Is there a way to pass the customerID in this URL in order to personalize the webApp with customer's information?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi ogroux,

There is no native integration of Campaign with TinyUrl. I’m not sure how you are generating the TInyUrl but some customers like to generate the URL on fly within the workflow.

So assuming you are sending SMS to 500 recipients, if you wish to pass custoemrID in URL you need 500 tinyUrls, given the fact CustomerID will be unique for each.

I’m assuming you trying to bypass this, have a single tinyURL for the webApp and somehow pass CustomerID in it. If yes, then you can simple append the CustomerID query parameter in the tinyURL using personalisation block. Campaign will allow you to do it.

How to map it with the webApp URL is something that TInyURL API team has to explain. I’m not sure how you are generating tinyURLs but if you are using API, please see if there is a possibility there.

Regards,

Vipul Raghav

Level 5

Hi Vipul,

I'm also interested in this.

Do you have any clear working examples about how a workflow would be set-up that, queries data to target, defines SMS message content (including long URL), makes an API call to shorten each individual URL (appreciate provider would differ, but just looking for generic example), send SMS.

Thanks

David

Level 10

Hi,

Were you able to find something relevant for your query here?

Gaurang

Level 5

Hi Gaurang Mathur

No, no progress here - if you or any colleague can provide any further insight - that would be great.

Thanks

David