Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Test activity - time condition not working correctly

Level 1

Hello everyone!
I'm using below as a condition in my test activity:
Hour(GetDate())>13
Does anyone have any idea why this condition doesn't work correctly?
I checked and when for example using enrichment with this function and I can see the data is populated correctly.
But for some reason this test is giving me wrong results. I'm extremely confused about it, it this some Adobe bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

The problem is that Test and Query are using different time zones and Adobe Engineering Team is not able to make them in alignment. So it seems on some clients they are misaligned, and If you have that issue as me they will not correct it - that's the answer I got after a month of back and forth with support. Great job Adobe!
The workaround is to set time zones manually in both blocks then it should give proper results.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 3

Hi @FilipFiebiger ,

Just tested this in our sandbox instance and it worked as expected for me (current time 4pm here):

taplondon_josh_0-1627916352659.png

taplondon_josh_2-1627916433736.png

What time (+time zone) did you run your test and what time zone is your ACS server time in?

Thanks,

Josh

Level 3

@tapcxm_josh,

I was also facing same issue. If you try with few more conditions and try reversing the conditions, you will get to know what @FilipFiebiger is trying to explain. If you try Hour(GetDate())>13 and Hour(GetDate())<13 you will get two different answers. I guess, there is some issue with the Test activity.

For the workaround, we can use Segmentation activity to meet the requirement.

Level 1

@tapcxm_joshthanks for replying!
Since writing the post I investigated the issue further and it turned out that the time for test activity is different than time for other blocks.

So for example Hour(getDate()) executed in enrichment gives 13 and the same expressions Hour(getDate()) executed in test gives 11.
It is now with Adobe support, they suspect it's discrepancy between application and database server... It is extremely frustrating how such a bug can happen?
Where can I find my server time zone for Adobe Campaign Standard?
PS. I know your reply isn't correct answer but I miss clicked and can't change it

Correct answer by
Level 1

The problem is that Test and Query are using different time zones and Adobe Engineering Team is not able to make them in alignment. So it seems on some clients they are misaligned, and If you have that issue as me they will not correct it - that's the answer I got after a month of back and forth with support. Great job Adobe!
The workaround is to set time zones manually in both blocks then it should give proper results.