Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Subject in ACS

Level 4

Hello Team,

I am looking for some informations about the subject in Adobe Campaign.

I want to build an expression in the subject like IF First Name is not null, then write "First Name happy new year" and IF is not null then write " Happy New Year".

Is possible to do this in the subject without using the Dynamic Text?

Regards

Alice

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello Alice,

ACS is really poor about personalized expression. You cannot use <% %> balisis like Adobe classic...

Like you said, you can construct your personnalisation with dynamic text.

First dynamic bloc 'A' will use the condition: "Firstname" is not empty and the Default Dynamic bloc will personalize the subject with no Firstname.

I hope that could help you,

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Alice,

There is no default feature to use dynamic IF ELSE IF condition in ACS subject line like we can do in Campaign V6.

Please check the documentation below to see different ways of creating a subject line

Adobe Campaign Help | Personalizing the email subject

Regards,
Adhiyan

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello Alice,

ACS is really poor about personalized expression. You cannot use <% %> balisis like Adobe classic...

Like you said, you can construct your personnalisation with dynamic text.

First dynamic bloc 'A' will use the condition: "Firstname" is not empty and the Default Dynamic bloc will personalize the subject with no Firstname.

I hope that could help you,

Regards,

Employee Advisor

Hi arouillard44 ,

We accept your feedback on the current design of ACS editor but would also like to add that the problem you are pointing here is something which was requested by marketers on v6 itself.

v6 warrants the marketer to know a bit of JavaScript programming and also have the ability to go inside the HTML and directly code there. We had marketers complain that it is too risky and complex.

Based on that feedback we have tried to make all complex coding auto generated with the help of UI features. You just need to define blocks and system internally will take care of it.

We will share your feedback with product management to see if a complex coder friendly editor can be released along with the existing marketer friendly one.

Regards,
Vipul