Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Soap call using Message center

Level 5

HI

I am trying to use the SOAP UI to test the message center email. The soap call goes fine and I get back the Id from the event when I test .there is no email going out and the events are marked as Pending. Any Idea what I am missing? When I test the template to send proof it works fine

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:nms:rtEvent">

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<urn:PushEvent>

<urn:sessiontoken>___7cedba79-c6ad-43c9-a367-5c228b698035</urn:sessiontoken>

<urn:domEvent>

<rtEvent xmlns=""  type="tstThankYouForRegisteringRecipient" email="test@gmail.com"

wishedChannel="email" externalId="1234">

<ctx>

<website name="ecomerce" url="http:www.gmail.com"/>

<customer email="test@gmail.com" firstName="test" lastName="test"/>

</ctx>

</rtEvent>

</urn:domEvent>

</urn:PushEvent>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

14 Replies

Employee Advisor

If the event is in Pending status it means that they have not been connected with their associated template to launch a delivery or there is some issue.

First point will be to check if rtEventProcessing technical workflow is running without errors on the execution instance.

Can you please check that.

When you send a proof it is executed on the control instance while API calls go to execution instance and hence the two are not related.

Level 5

Thanks Vipul

based on my SOAP call do you see any issues? Does the template that I call need to be published before testing?

not sure what this mean:

"If the event is in Pending status it means that they have not been connected with their associated template to launch a delivery or there is some issue."

thanks

Employee Advisor

Is you Control and Execution instance on the same installation or they are instances.

Templates are created using the Control instance and they need to be published on Execution instance before firing the relevant API call on the execution instance. If you have not published it, execution instance will not fire an email for the API call.

First thing to check after that is whether or not the rtEventProcessing workflow is running properly.

Level 5

I started the workflow and that is running properly. Now I am getting event not covered and there is not much on the logs. I tried with template that is published already and getting the same issue

Employee Advisor

Event not covered means that there is no template on the execution instance which is connected to event type tstThankYouForRegisteringRecipient

Can you please check the execution instance.

Level 5

HI

There was an issue with Execution center which its fixed now and I was able to publish the template. I am still getting the same error from the soap ( event not covered)

the technical workflows are running so not sure where the issue is?

Please help if you can

Level 5

Hi Vipul

When you say there is no Template on the execution instance how you check that in Cloud? if the template is published successfully doesnt that mean that it should be on the execution instance?

any direction would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Employee Advisor

Hi vendimb15716755 ,

I'm a bit confused now. From your previous update it appears you do not have access to execution instance (as it is in Cloud) and hence you cannot check the template on the execution side.

However, over your previous few updates, you have confirmed you could see that the technical workflows are running fine. Where did you check their status?

I would ask you to reach out to Adobe Support if the instances are Adobe hosted as they can use their login to verify what is wrong.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 5

HI Vipul

Sorry for the confusion. Yes I do see the templates on the execution center as I was able to publish them. based on the docs I could see 2 different templates there ( one for rt event and one for batch events). I still not able to send an email message through the soap.

Am I missing something with soap call or with template? Soap call goes successful and I do get the response back ( as the documentation refer a number greater then zero)

Have you or anyone else used the soap call to deliver email through message center. I follow exactly like documentation says.

not sure what else I can look at

Level 10

Hi Vendim,

If your execution instance is in the Cloud (hosted by Adobe), please raise a ticket to our support team so we can check it.

Let us know if you find a solution,

Florent

Level 5

HI Florentlb

I did open a ticket with support and will see what they suggests. I spend a fair amount of time and really there is not a good leads on why is not sending out the emails..

especially since I dont get any error and I get a confirmation from the SOAP response this is really strange..

Employee Advisor

Hi vendimb15716755 ,

Good that you have reached out to support as they will have access to your RT instance to understand what could have gone wrong.

Here we have tried our best to explain you the meaning of error.

Hopefully, we will be able to resolve this soon.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 5

Thanks all for the help with this. There was issue with message center instance after the upgrade. Support helped to fix the issue and now I am able to send emaiils VIA SOAP

thanks all for all your help

Level 2

Hi

I think that you have some issue on RT instance (the server of Message Center who sends the transactional message). It could be a deliverability issue (SMTP server of message center hasn't the necessary rules).

Regards.