Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Sending email to whom clicked previous email

Level 2

Hi guys,

I'm using Adobe Campaign Standard, and I want to achieve the scenario as below :

Sending a "marketing message-A" via email, after one week, sending "marketing message-B" via email to customers who have clicked a link in previous email (marketing message-A).

How do I set the workflow to achieve this scenario?

Thank you.

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi ronatsai,

You can do so. Drop a query activity on workflow canvas.

Edit it to expand Delivery section and then drop Clicked rule on the query editor as shown below.

1548171_pastedImage_1.png

Select the delivery of choice.

1548172_pastedImage_2.png

Save the workflow and execute it.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 2

Hi Vipul,

Thanks for your help! It's working.

I have further question : I setup 4 landing page URL into marketing message-A email content,

can I segment customers by which landing page they clicked? In order to give them different marketing message-B via email.

Thank you.

Employee Advisor

HI ronatsai,

The setup will change here as the requirement is different. We will start from scratch here.

On the query activity go to Properties and select Resource as Tracking Logs

1552215_pastedImage_4.png

and targeting dimension as Profile

1552216_pastedImage_5.png

Now on the query canvas, first drop a delivery filter

1552217_pastedImage_6.png

Select the delivery

1552218_pastedImage_7.png

then from tracking log section pull URL filter

Pull the URL depending upon which landing page you are segmenting on currently.

This will give you the profile which clicked on the landing page link of choice.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 2

Hi Vipul

How would You set up this query, if you had to find all the profiles that clicked in a recurring email, where the delivery ID changes is different from the master delivery? Then it will not be possible to use the method above if you have to set up the query before the recurring delivery is sent.

Best regards,

Jesper

Employee Advisor

Hi jesperlanther,

You have a valid point and refining the setup depends on the requirement completely.

However, if the ask is to work with recurring deliveries, you can play with Master link of a delivery.

As stated in last update use Resource as Tracking Logs and Targeting Dimension as Profile .

Go to Explorer view and drag master node from within delivery on canvas as shown here

1552219_pastedImage_1.png

Now your query will search all clicks which have happened on any of the child delivery of this recurring delivery.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 2

Hi Vipul

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer.

This is fantastic - I would not have found this way of doing it myself. This will make our workflows more easy to handle.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Jesper

Employee Advisor

Hi Jesper,

Glad that I could be of help.

If you wish to further narrow down the clicks to specific childs of this recurring delivery, you can add a filter on the contact date of child deliveries. Pick specific deliveries like those which have gone out in last 7 days or 1 month.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 2

Hi Vipul

Great info. So we could actually use these date parametres, instead of putting Wait periods between deliveries in a workflow. Or will that not give the same result?

An example could be, that we want to send a delivery to all profiles in a specific segment and send a follow-up delivery 7 days later to all profiles that has opened and another delivery to all profiles that has not opened the first delivery.

Jesper

Employee Advisor

Hi Jesper,

You can use Waits, should be fine but is it not a good design decision.

Basically you will have two phases in your workflow which will be separated by a Wait for 7 days.

From the start of this workflow, on the 8th day, you will have first-day iteration moving to phase 2 but the other seven iterations will still be in phase 1.

What if the workflow fails and you have to restart it.

All mid-way iterations will lose their state.

A good design will be to distribute the functionality to two different workflows which check the contact date of delivery and work accordingly.

Level 2

Hi Vipul

This certainly gives us a different perspective on how workflows can/should be set up. You are wuite right, it has given us some challenges when we have had to restart workflows.

I have a more specific question to your answer on how to track recurring deliveries. Can you give an example on how to set up the query to find all profiles that has opened a recurring delivery 7 days after the first delivery was sent?

Jesper

Level 2

Hi Vipul

We tried setting an advanced expresion up to simulate a wait period of 1 day, so the follow-up delivery would be sent 1 day after the initial delivery was sent - but it did not work.

AdvExpressionWAIT7Days.JPG