Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Sending a mail using Adobe Campaign API

Level 1

Hi Dear Forum,

Can someone please advice how can i send a mail using the Adobe Campaign API?

can someone please direct me to the exact API?

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Shachar Optimove wrote...

Thank you!

i saw that API, but still couldn't get the full picture.

the flow i'm trying to create is 

1. Fetching the templates from Adobe campaign- meaning all the available mailing/push that could be sent.

2. passing a list of recipients to Adobe Campaign, and the template ID, and a time to send. that would actually send the e-mails.

is that possible?

Thanks!

1. use scheduler to schedule the execution of the flow

2. use query def or query activity in workflow to get required template and recipient ids

3. use the following code to send the email

nms.delivery.QueueNotification("emailTemplateInternalName", <delivery> <targets> <deliveryTarget> <targetPart type='query' exclusion='false' ignoreDeleteStatus='false'> <where> <condition expr={'@id ='+  "put yours recipientId here or change condition to included in for comma seprated values or any logic"}/> </where> </targetPart> </deliveryTarget> </targets> </delivery>);

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Shachar,

You can make use of API function SubmitNotification under nms:delivery schema.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul

Level 1

Thank you!

1. Fetching the templates from Adobe campaign- meaning all the available mailing/push that could be sent.

2. passing a list of recipients to Adobe Campaign, and the template ID, and a time to send. that would actually send the e-mails.

is that possible?

Thanks!

Level 10

Hi Shachar,

Do you have access to the JSAPI CHM documentation? It should be available on the download center of the support site. Depending on your license, you can ask the support team to grant you access to this document.

Hope this helps,

Florent.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Shachar Optimove wrote...

Thank you!

is that possible?

Thanks!

1. use scheduler to schedule the execution of the flow

2. use query def or query activity in workflow to get required template and recipient ids

3. use the following code to send the email

nms.delivery.QueueNotification("emailTemplateInternalName", <delivery> <targets> <deliveryTarget> <targetPart type='query' exclusion='false' ignoreDeleteStatus='false'> <where> <condition expr={'@id ='+  "put yours recipientId here or change condition to included in for comma seprated values or any logic"}/> </where> </targetPart> </deliveryTarget> </targets> </delivery>);

Regards,

Amit

Level 2

I find the JSAPI CHM documentation not very helpful.  It often lacks any useful detail.  Sometimes there is an explanation or an example - those *are* useful.  But when not there, it isn't helpful at all.

For example - for the xtk->sqlSchema->UpdateSchema call, here is the documentation:

UpdateSchema
Update a schema
UpdateSchema (
    XML          content
)
Parameters
content
Content
Return values
None.
Features
Schema: xtk:sqlSchema
Static: Yes

That isn't much different that what the WSDL already gave me.  The API needs better documentation IMHO!

Level 1

Is this possible in ACS , because below answers are specific to ACC?